Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Late Period, possible pregnancy??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Late Period, possible pregnancy??

My girl friend has missed her period by a couple days now, about 5 to be exact and i greatly fear she might be pregnant. We have had sex a few times and we've always been careful about such as using a condom all the time and checking the condom. I also always pull out just in case there might be a rip but so far, no rips or tears have occurred. We have occasionally mess around but ejaculate has never come into contact with her. I have been told periods come sporadically and could be missed but from what i stated can she be pregnant? To add, prom was about two weeks ago and she was stressed out over that( dresses and such) so the period could of been altered cause of that but i don't know. Please help me!
You are right, it could be stress, it can be sporadic if you are sick, if you have gained/lost weight, increase in exercise etc. Some girls don't follow an exact cycle and are always irregular so a lot will choose to go on the pill to make it more regular. It is great that you are being careful and using protection, so that is great, but unfortunately with condoms there is a chance of them not working, maybe a hole that you cant see, or if you are one to start having intercourse without a condom and putting one on later--not a good idea--she can get pregnant with pre-c***. If she is regular and 5 days late then she is far enough along to use a home pregnancy test, buy her one and have her take it using her first morning urine and follow the directions exactly!! good luck!!
Im thinking its the possible stress and thats what she's been telling me it is but im still worried about it. However, for the last two months her cycle has been pretty regular except for this month. We did engage in intercourse a week before the week of her period and i have been told that could push back the period too. I always check the condom for small rips and I always pull it 3-4 seconds before I ejaculate. We've never done it without a condom or engaged intercourse without one and then put one on.
From what I know sex does not "push" a period back, I would think it only did this if it lead to pregnancy. If you have been careful then the odds are in your favor but condoms are not 100% effective so you might want to consider her taking a HPT just to ease your stress, it only takes a few minutes, or wait it out, if she is not pregnancy her period will show up eventually. Like I said a number of things can cause her period to be late. (small holes/rips can be there and you cant see them)
Alright i think i'll wait another week and see what happens. She also was stressed out over prom and such, could that be a factor?
Yes. Stress (along with many other factors not including pregnancy) can cause a delay in an upcoming cycle. Have her wait a week and if she doesn't get her period have her take a test.
Ill do that then, but from my whole scenario, what are the odds of her actually becoming pregnant?
Less than 1%. Sexual activity actually can delay a period, but this is usually only the first time a female has sex. I doubt that's the case here. More than likely, no. She's not pregnant.