Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Light brown spotting at 6 weeks!!! HELP!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I'm about 6 and 1/2 weeks preg and last night when i went to the bathroom I noticed some light brown discharge when i wiped. I had 2 days of brown spotting right before my missed period and assumed it was implantation bleeding. Now for about the last 12 hours I've had light brown spotting, it's not getting heavier and i'm not having any cramping. I took another preg test last night after i saw the spotting and the line was a VERY dark positive. As of this morning the spotting seems to be changing from a light brown to a yellow and its going back and fourth between the two colors but it's never on my panties, it's only when I wipe. This is my first pregnancy and I'm freaking out!!! Ive done some research and everywhere says that brown is ok as long as it doesn't turn red, heavy, or have cramps or clots but i would like to hear from some people who have actually experienced this in early pregnancy! PLEASE share your story... good or bad!!! Thanks!
You could just have some old blood coming out, this is normal for some women.  Bright red blood is when you want to be concerned.  I have had both situations occur, one was a normal pregnancy and one was a miscarriage and I was looking everywhere for answers.  But yes with the miscarriage it was bright red blood and very distinguishable from the brown spotting you can get from implementation.
I'm so sorry for your loss! I think my major fear is that this brown discharge is going to turn into red, you know like the beginning of your period normally does? When you miscarried did it start out brown and turn into red or did it start out red? Thank you so much for your responses!!!!!!
The bleeding can go either way. It can just be brown spotting and never get to red. Or it can be dark brown and eventually get to blood. But some women will have what looks like period blood during pregnancy and have a healthy pregnancy. What you have to worry about it heavy bleeding, bad cramping and passing clots.
At this point you need to take care of yourself and stop stressing!!!!!  I know it is scary when it is your first pregnancy and you don't know what to expect but just know you cant prevent everything, just do all the right stuff and take care of yourself!
I know that stressing is bad and I'm trying my best to calm myself. I thought maybe hearing from some people who have experienced similar spotting and had healthy pregnancies would ease my mind. Considering how the spotting started about 14 hours ago and the color seems to be getting lighter instead of darker then it has to be ok... right... RIGHT?!? LOL... ok, maybe I'm still stressing a lil bit. I keep telling myself that either way there is nothing i can do to control it so i need to calm down but i'm a bit of a control freak and its hard to know i that i have no control over this situation. I'm going to do exactly as you said and continue to take care of myself and hope for the best! Thanks so much!
With my last pregnancy, I had some brown spotting that came out and showed in my underwear then never came back.. I had a scheduled ultrasound 5 days later so I went to that ...  Turned out I had a blighted ovum... =( there was really no warning signs..

The issues with bleeding in early pregnancy is that it 100% goes either way... For every one person that it turned out to be "normal" for, it is not normal for another person..

I hope for you that your pregnancy is fine but you could get some tests done.. Or wait it out until ur prental appointment

I would take it easier, rest with your legs up and see where it goes from here.
Im very sorry! =( I know that until I go to the doctor for a scan I will never be confident that everything is ok but I'm trying to wait it out at this point and tell myself that this isn't one of the things I can control and whatever will be, will be. Thank you!
I had a few occasions where I spotted brown and at one point even red... It was ver scary and I was rushed off for daily blood tests and early scans. Each time it turned out to be fine! At one point my dr did say I needed to put my feet up more... I now have a gorgeous 8 month old.

I hope this is true for you too! Good luck.
Please do update us when you have your scan.  Curious what they said.