Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Living situation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Living situation

I'm 17 & have a choice to live at home or at my boyfriend's, but I don't know. My house is roomy, comfortable, & isn't crowded with people but his house has his mom, dad, sister, & brother in law, plus his mom watches a couple kids a few days a week. Since my bf will be at school & work, this is where I would spend all of MY time. His parents don't speak English & I don't speak Spanish. I have a lot of anxiety about it, plus there is NO ROOM. But he wants to live there. I'm also lost. I'm not comfortable there, plus he already agreed to move in here
>:l we would have to pay rent here, which we can't afford, but I am not at all going to enjoy being so crowded over there, plus where would all of our baby stuff go -_- his room is tiny, his parents arw in the room right next to us, they'd be up hearing the baby just as much as I would, there's no privacy, odd & irrelevant, but I.can't poop at his house haha, or shower, its uncomfortable. But he is procrastinating moving in here & always brings up living there instead. advice?
Be at a comfortable place :) i personally wouldnt want to move in in your current situation. ;s
You need to stay where you're comfortable. If you even feel uncomfortable taking a shower imagine just recovering from birth and not moving at a fast pace. Good luck!
Trust me if you move in there you are going to end up moving back out it happened to me.. if you or he has to get a job do it but whether you live together or not id stay home. you already have doubtful feelings about it trust your instincts.. good luck!
I would stay at home .
I use to be in the same situation but without a baby.
I ended up living with him &his parents his sister &kids
& ugh it was so annoying
No privacy at all
They were so noisy ...we would go out &they would ask us where were we going or when we would get home they would ask where were we. Ughhh that bothered me soo much

I would stay at home!
Stay home.
Stay home, I've been in the same situation. It will drive you crazy not knowing what they are saying lol my husband is mexican, parents don't speak English much so its hard to communicate but I've been with my husband for 2 years.so I can understand some!
When your baby comes your going to want it to nap/sleep properly and your going to want to sleep when it does and you won't be able to do that with other kids running around!! Its very tiring the first few months and if other kids are around you'll go crazy because you can't they'll them what to do because theyre not yours!
Stay at home, definitely. You'll be comfortable and you can ask for help if you need it.

When I was with my ex (I wasn't pregnant) but my dad was moving out of town so I decided to stay and move in with him. I would go over there a lot and his house was always cold/hot no heaters or AC, he had 4 sisters that did nothing but watch tv all day and live in filth. They never had food and their dad always drank and did nothing for them. Well it didn't bother be, being a guest and all because at the end of the night I would be comfy in my bed at home so I made the decision to live with him. Worst choice of my life. I only lasted a month. I couldn't do it. I had to share a stinky dirty bathroom with 3 girls who went to school the same time I did so we were all on the same schedule. They were always using my stuff without asking and I don't know how many days I went to bed hungry and missing my parents. I had a job but it was so hard to work because I had to walk over 2 miles to get there. Stay at home, you have family there you're comfortable, you know what living there is like. Most people jump to live with their boyfriend's because they get excited (me) but I totally regret it.. then it only makes things worse because you'll probably see your parents less and be extremely stressed when you do because you'll need to vent. I know your boyfriend wants to stay but talk to him, if he really really wants to be by yours and babies side at night he'll go with you. Let him stay the night a couple times before baby is born so he can get a feel for it as well. Wish you the best :)
It's important not to put yourself in any stressful situations! Pregnant or not. Stay where you are comfortable. I'm sure if you don't move in with him, he will eventually make his way to moving in with you.
Also he's use to living like that your not so it will be hard on you! My husband is a big mommy's boy and I finally convinced him to get our own place! He'll be 22 in June I'll be 20 in May!  We finally got our own place April 1!!!! Good luck honey! I think you should stay at your moms where its quite and peaceful so your baby can sleep when it needs to and not be woken up by other kids!
Stay at home u would be stressed out and out of place thr he is probably scared of something new so he would rather u move but just talk to him tell him ur honest thoughts and tell him why it would be better Foot him to move with u if he doesn't agree tell him he can stay whr he is until u guys get ur own most likely he won't like that and he will reconsider and change his mind hopefully he will make the right decision and see the logic in him moving in with u best of luck hun!
If i had the option to stay at home instead of living in my fiances parents house, i'd definitely not even hesitate to stay home. Unfortunately my mom wanted me out so i didnt have much of a choice or anywhere to go but here. I say you should stay home it sounds like it would be best for you. Goodluck on your decision.
Thank you very much, looks like everyone kinda had the same advice too lol I'll talk to him later about it & to my mom about rent being lowered