Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Loss of Excess Mucous Plug in Second Trimester.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Hey there!  I was wondering if anyone has this..  I started losing my mucous plug at sixteen weeks.  I went to the er, and the doctor said it seemed as if I just had excess..  And not to worry because it will come back.  I just lost a little bit of it today, no red/pink/brown streaks.  It's so weird..  I haven't been having contractions/cramping or any other sign of labor.  Sorry for the gross post, but I was wondering if anyone else has or has had this problem?  Thanks!
I DID both times...well last time and this time! Both times i started to lose it early..last time it was at 20 + weeks and this time at 15 weeks...but it grows back...as long as your not dialated to more then a 3! My last pregnancy i lost the ACTUAL mucus plug at 38 weeks..with the brown and what not into it and low and behold i went over due by 8 days until i was induced! So its not a real sign of labour...though everyone is different so if you have a show or anything like that or start to cramp go in and get checked! Good luck
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers