Pregnancy 18-24 Community
MMR and Pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

MMR and Pregnancy

I hope someone can help, I am 5 weeks pregnant. I have never been vaccinated against rubella. As I am pregnant I know that I cannot have it done now. I do however have a 13 month old baby.
if I have my baby vaccinated can it affect my unborn child?
-7 Comments Post a Comment
How would your child being vaccinated effect the embryo?

As far as the vaccination for Rubella, I got mine right after I had my daughter (Thanks to my neglectful mother, I didn't even know that I never had that shot). Rubella is something like a cross between the flu and roseola in a sense. Just like both, it will also pass within a week or so. However, it is best to get your 13 month old vaccinated so that you can avoid these risks. Their immune systems are still a work in progress where as our's are more mature and stronger. So I wouldn't fret about it while you're pregnant, but go ahead and get your toddler the MMR shots. But I do suggest doing research on all the immunizations before getting them for you and your children, risks, etc. Knowledge is never a bad thing :)
I had to have this shot also after I had my first child.  For some reason, I had to have it again after this last one but don't worry about it.  They will just give it to you in the hospital after you deliver.