Pregnancy 18-24 Community
MRI, and pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

MRI, and pregnant

I am 14wks pregnant. I have just seen a neuroligist, and she wants an MRI and EEG done here in a few weeks, ok, well I am worried what harm if any will be to the baby. My OB said he wants them done too. I have started having sever migraines and started having, they beleive, sezures. Has anyone had an MRI while pregnant?
never while pregnant but if they are telling you that you need it the benefit is outweighing the risk.  I have migraines also and i'm 11 weeks, they got worse in my 10th week.  but I've always had them and got an mri before the pregnancy.  they just want to make sure you don't have any major problems.  I'm not a doc, but that's most likely why they want it.  when i first saw a nuero about my migraines, that was the 1st thing he did.
I had a pelvic MRI while pregnant. They couldn't tell where my baby was implanted. I had to sign a waiver saying they don't know the potential outcomes of MRI exposure to the fetus, but they knew thr risks if any were low. It's too new. But if your doctor thinks the pros outweigh the cons then I would trust your doctor. Unfortunalty my pregancy was ectopic, so I never got to see the outcome.
I do belive that MRI's are ok for pregnancy.  You may do a Google on it though just to get some extra insight.  I too will be getting an MRI soon for an injury I incurred Feb.  Anyhoo, if you find anything other than good, re-post here so I can read it too.  Or just put down the website if you'd like.  Thanks

Also, hope they find out what's causing your seizures.  14wks is too early for preeclampsia... Good luck girl.  Keep us updated.