Pregnancy 18-24 Community
MY LOWER STOMACH IS GETTING FIRM!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

MY LOWER STOMACH IS GETTING FIRM!

ok so about 2 weeks ago i started having sex with this dude i know. he wants kids too and i love him to death. anyways...we had unprotected sex on may 2 and ever since then. he hardly smokes or drinks so im assuming his sperm is good. but mii lower stomach has been getting firmer like where all mii feminine organs are...im kinda worried cuz idk if it is just bloating. i took 2 tests already and they have been neg. maybe its too soon to tell or maybe im not pregnant. i just wish someone would let mii know whats going on cuz im freaking out. if anyone has kids can you let mii know if this is just bloating or a sign of pregnancy.
It would definitely be bloating because your uterus is still very far down into the pelvis, you would've get a hard abdomen yet. Your baby has to grow, uterus expands, rises into the abdominal cavity area, and that is when you feel a hard stomach from pregnancy. Yes, bloating can be a sign of pregnancy. However, if you had sex with him two weeks ago, and haven't had sexual intercourse since then, I would think that the pregnancy tests would be pretty accurate by this point. It's best to figure out when you would be ovulating. Text book cycle is 28 days, in a 28 day cycle you usually ovulate around the 14 th day, give or take a day or two. You can get pregnant around that day, and a few days leading up to the day you ovulate. Without knowing when you ovulated or how long your cycles are, it's almost impossible to tell you what your chances are of being pregnant.
mii periods can be anywhere from 34 to 44 days apart so its really hard. but mii dude felt sick like nausious and he say im pregnant. no proof yet but thats what his mind is set on. but in the last 16 days we have had sex 10 of those days...and sometimes multiple times a day haha! he has an 8year old daughter already and he said that he just know. so mii mind wants to be but mii body has never reacted to bloating that far down in mii stomach. its like where you would get waxed at to give you some sort of a visual.
i am in the same situation firm lower stomach really low down and i too have had negative tests in the past few days i also have tender breasts peeing all the time headache mood swings etc so i hope i turn out pregnant but like me i think you should hold off doing a test for a few more days .hope it helps that someone else is in the same situation i will keep my fingers crossed for you
yeah same here 2 negative tests in the last couple days. i dont have tender breasts but i do have headaches, some dizziness, nausia only when i get up in the morning, im really irritable towards mii boyfriend, and i have been peeing alot the last couple days without even drinking alot of liquid. but i am also constipated...nasty i know but isnt that a symptom too??
WAy too early to see any belly. Maybe your just bloated. Take a test. That isnt a sign of pregnany until your 4 months.... the "firmness" of belly.
when i was 16 i had got pregnant. had an abortion unfortunatelly but i ended up being 4 months and 4 days and there was no cravings, morning sickness, and mii stomach never got big...so symptoms to mii are kinda dicey.
It would have to be from bloating not from your uterus, it would be way to early for that.  Bloating could be caused by a number of things aside from pregnancy.  Wait another week and take another test.  From what you have described it does not sound to me like pregnancy is the culprit.  But just to be sure, wait and retest.  If it's still negative and you still have not had your period I would suggest making an appt with your doctor.
I would definately say you're bloated especially since you said you're constipated.
Well, if you've had sex that much then it's very hard to tell. Keep testing every week, or go to the dollar store and POAS everyday like I do, ha! Or just test once a week until you get your period, or a positive pregnancy test. Men a lot of times do know, so he could be right! =)
thanks alot...been alot of help.
bloating is common in pregnancy and when your period is about to come, but it would not be the baby cause your uterus would be bellow your pubic bone, the only pregnancy symptoms that you may have by now would be tender breast and cramping, you ovulate 14 days before the start of your next period so if your cycles are between 34-44 days appart you may ovulate anywhere between cycle day 19 to cycle day 30, remember that day one of your cycle is the day you start your period so you should have sex from cycle day 17 to cycle day 31 to be sure you have sex the day you ovulate as your kind of irregualar. if somtimes your cycles are as long as 44 days i think you should test on cycle day 45 if you haven't gotten your period to be sure you get an accurate result and to not waste money testing to early.

remember to use first morning urine.

Good luck, and if you get pregnant take care of that baby ;)

im in the same prob, I had a miscarrige near enough 8 wks ago now and had unprotected sex pretty much straight away, and now im getting alot of signs. but I just duno haha! my stomach is sensitive, im now getting tingling in my breasts sometimes a hot tingling more than when im due on, my lower part of my stomach is getting harder and more bloated and it looks like im getting a slight bump but i duno haha, and I feeel Sick all day! i am waiting till my next due date for a test though as im still waiting for this months period which is really annoying! haha!

remember you CAN have false negative results.

All the best :) x
Actually you CAN get firming pretty earlier, especially if your a small woman or if you have been pregnant before. Some woman even look about 4-5 months pregnant as earlier as 8 weeks gestation. I am about 5 weeks and have firmness in my lower abdomen. Oh and it would def. feel firm sooner if there was more than one baby. Good luck all. Hope this helped. Oh and OB confirmed this during my first pregnancy. Still waiting to take a test with this one... I'm petrified.