Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Miscarriage

I am 22 yrs old and this is my second pregnancy. My first was terminated 2 yrs ago and most recently i had a miscarriage. I was referred to a specialist by my doctor because my progesterone levels had dropped. The specialist emailed me a copy of her report that was given to my doctor. I am having trouble understanding some things. "IMPRESSION: 6-week-2-day plus/minus 5-day intrauterine embryonic demise." Does this mean I was at least 6 weeks and 2 days and miscarriage happened 5 days before? "A small chronic appearing subchorionic hemorrhage is noted" does this mean I was already bleeding within my uterus? "The ovaries bilaterally appear unremarkable" what does this mean as well? I would also like to know if i could have taken hormone supplements or anything else that would have been able to prevent this?
Thank you in advance to anyone who is able to help me.
It does mean that your baby was measuring 6w 2d and the plus or minus 5 days means you could have been 5 days more pregnant or 5 days less, its just a time frame. It does sound like there was bleeding spotted Already and the last part means your ovaries are in great shape. Unremarkable and is no problems. I would def call your doctor tho to get any clarification you still need and to ask about the hormone supplements.
6w 2d +/- 5d.. so you could have been anywhere between 5w3d & 7w when you miscarried. plus/minus norm mean give or take.. like an estimate. Hemmorage part sounds like there was a small amount if bleeding. From the view your ovaries looked ok. Im not certain.. but this is how it sounds to me. Did you not ask them to tell you what it means in English??