Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Morning After Pill and still pregnant!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Morning After Pill and still pregnant!!

I have just found out I am pregnant (still in shock). I have a 6 year old daughter, and 4 MONTH old baby boy. My god. I had the morning after pill 2 weeks ago after a condom breakage, and SURPRISE.... Im am pregnant!!!

My husband and I wanted another baby, just didn't expect it so soon so we will be very happy about this news once it sinks in.

Does anyone know if the Morning After Pill can affect an unborn baby? Now I'm stressing that I've hurt the bubba.

PLEASE help if anyone has experience with this. I'm desperate for advice.

Nomes
I hope this helps, I found this info on another website

The Morning After Pill Will Not Affect Your Unborn Baby

All of the research up until this date has shown that the Morning After Pill will have very minimal, if any, effects on your unborn baby. It seems that a baby whose mother became pregnant after taking the Morning After Pill has about the same chance of healthy development as a baby whose mother did not take the Morning After Pill. While there have been some known instances in which Morning After Pill babies had developmental problems, one could easily argue that the baby would have also had developmental problems even if they were not exposed to the Morning After Pill.

The Morning After Pill Will Not Affect Your Pregnancy

Another one of the things that you are probably wondering is whether or not the Morning After Pill can have an affect on your pregnancy. The affect of the Morning After Pill on your pregnancy seems to be minimal. It is possible for you to have a miscarriage if the Morning After Pill is exposed to an unborn baby during the first two weeks of pregnancy and it has an affect on the development of the baby. However, this has shown to be extremely rare.
The morning after pill is almost the same as the birth control pills except it has more hormone in it to try to prevent the egg from implanting. I don't think if you are pregnant that it would have any affect on the baby, especially since you are so early on. I have read that it could cause miscarriage, but only time can tell if that will happen, and it was said to be rare. I would mention it to your doctor, and if he gives you any information please share it with us so someone else in your situation can get some advice as well. Congrats on baby number 3!

From what I heard about the morning pill if you do get pregnant it should not affect the fetus....it's suppose to prevent it but once pregnant it will not have any effect
Thank you all soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!
Nah, won't hurt the little one at all considering that the placenta is not even formed yet.
You have all been so helpful I feel so much better now. I know how gorgeous these bubbas are and was freaking that I had done something to hurt it.

Looks like its a tough cookie and wanted to enter the world anyway! Thank god for fate and I am very grateful that I am pregnant again.

Thanks everyone :)

I am going to docs tomorrow so I will let you all know if there are any concerns (for the info of others in this position).

Thanks heaps!
Thank you all for your help. It seems it wasn't meant to be after all. I have had a miscarriage. Very sad and wish I'd never taken the stupid pill. I can't prove that it's my fault but I am feeling so horrible and guilty that this has happened. I know it could have happened anyway, maybe my body just wasn't ready considering I only had a baby 5 months ago... but I guess I will never know. I just thought I'd post this for anyone else that may be in my situation. I made it to just over 5 weeks before having a miscarriage. My doctor referred to it as a "chemical pregnancy". This means a very early miscarriage.
Thanks for your help everyone.
:(
I'm sorry to hear that! But it honestly wasn't your fault. Morning After is to prevent a fertilized egg from implanting. The pill would've had no effect on the genetic makeup of the embryo before or after implantation.

*HUGS*

I've had two miscarriages and know how devastating this can be.
This is crazy...with my first pregnancy i got pregnant after taking the morning after pill too! lol