Pregnancy 18-24 Community
My first baby natural birth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

My first baby natural birth

I am pregnant with my first baby and I have always wanted to give a natural birth. But most of the people I tell that to look at me like im crazy. I have a pretty good pain tolerance but I would like to get some advice from someone who has already done a natural. It would be nice to know what im asking for. Any comments are apreciated thank you.
I'm glad u asked this question kus I get the same look wen I say I want to have a natural birth my mom tels me I shud do natural tht way I kan see wut it feels lik bt I'm really scared hopefully we get answers!?
I went natural with my second baby, it was intense to say the least. Every woman tolerates differently, I think you should try for the birth experience to be what you want. Just keep an open mind and remember that there are lots of options for pain control if you change your mind during labor. Good luck mama :)
Me too. I don't really want an epidural, but will gladly take the gas & air ;-) I am also going to look into water births as they seem more relaxing and I have read that the risk of tearing isn't as great with a water birth.
I want all natural too. My mom had both me and my sister all naturally and we were BIG babies! My sis was over 10lbs and I was over 9. But my mom made up her mind that she didn't want any drugs so she stuck to her plan. I'm hoping I can be like her!
I commend your decision! I'm a sissy la la tho, I plan on taking whatever they will give me for pain lol , I hear a lot of women go in wanting a natural birth then they realize it hurts worse then originally expected so they end up begging for an epidural , just go with the flow!
Tobe honest I was going the all natural birth with my first but she kept moving from the monitor so an hour before I had her. They put these internal monitors in me. That was the most intense pain ever and I have a high pain tolerance. Got the epidural after that and it was real easy. I wished I had my son vaginally too. I don't wish a c-section on my worst enemy. Tge recovery alone is more intense than giving birth naturally.
I had an epidural. .. that **** did not work!!! Lol... worst pain... but I dont do well with pain .. good luck.. and whatever u do, kuddos... cuz having a baby is tough...
I did it naturally with my first and plan to do it again this time around too. The best advice I can give is to read and prepare yourself. learn as much as you can. A huge motivator for me was reading about how your body needs to feel the pain to create a hormone to protect the baby.  Learn as many ways for pain relief as you can and surround yourself with supportive people! Also, I told my doctor that if I asked for an epidural to come back ten minutes later and see if I really wanted it. Also, keep am open mind! You may really need something to help. I'm not going to lie, I did ask for it but there wasn't any time. Baby was there less than 5 minutes later.
I did natural with my first and am doing natural with this one. The pain is like no other but our bodies were made to withstand it no matter what your pain tollerence is. My only suggestion is to go without getting induced. It makes it a lot more intense. I was induced with my first baby only bc i was dialated to 3 at 80 percent for 3 weeks and they didnt want infection to set in. So i am hoping to not get induced this time
I was seventeen with my son and I had a natural birth it was intense but I my having my second and I plan to do it again. Mainly because I'm afraid of needles and its made the pushing easier I did nothing but let my body push on  its own
I had natural birth, and girl let me tell you IT HURT, but it was worth it. Im on my second child and wish to.do natural birth also.
I had a natural birth with my 1st but it was not by choice, I was 6cm dialated when I arrived at the hospital and they would not give me one so I had to tough it out and I must say Im glad that I did. I was able to get up a move around during and after birth, I dont like the idea of not being able to move around and being restricted to the bed with and epidural so with this pregnancy I want to go natural again. I plan on using the tub and possibly stadol for my pain relief, you can do what ever you put your mind to, i got the courage knowing this was the safest way for both me and my baby, good luck.