Pregnancy 18-24 Community
My periods are 40 days apart, Is something wrong with me?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I had my IUD removed in Sept 07 and have been trying to get pregnant ever since.  I've been tracking my periods and they seem to be 40 days apart exactly?  Could this be the reason I'm not getting pregnant?
no every woman is different the books say 28 days but not every woman is 28 days it does not matter how long you cycle is you will ovulate 14 days before it is due so try then good luck
No I dont think so. everyone is different.
A longer cycle just means you're ovulating later. Finding out when you ovulate is the key in getting pregnant. You obviously are not ovulating CD14! A woman ovulates 14-16 days BEFORE her next period.

You'll know you are ovulating when you see cervical mucous (referred to as CM here) that is clear like raw egg whites and stretches to an inch or more. Any discharge before you see that clear, stretchy CM is your body preparing for ovulation. Start having sex every other day when you see CM.
I've tried checking my CM, but I must not know what raw egg whites look like, cause I don't ever see it.  I only see white CM (like lotion).
Well try having sex every other day when you see any CM. Ovulation CM is crystal clear like the eggs. Hmmmmmm.... you should do a bit more research on why you aren't seeing it. I heard you can use pre-seed which is some sort of lubricant/jelly that is all natural but will help to soften the cervix and create more CM (you need it to help the sperm survive the harsh conditions of the vagina).
http://www.fertilityuk.org/nfps401.html
this should help with what your looking for.cm is good for knowing when you o but some women dont get much to go by that,also try ov sticks,you probably o'ing around day 26,i would try the sticks as well as cm,start them day 20....the raw egg would be kind stretchy,that link shows you what to look for.good luck...
Thank you!  This helps soooo much!  Maybe I will be lucky this month!
My periods were 42 apart after coming off birth control; it was tough to track when I was ovulating because of this. I used ovulation predictor kits as well as Basal Body Charting to help get pregnant (I am not 14 weeks pregnant). One thing to note though is contrary to what another poster said, I actually ovulated on cycle day 18 which is definitely NOT 14 days before my period was due. Just because your cycles are long, does not always mean you will ovulated 14 days before you period is due again. As was the case with me. Like I mentioned, try buying the Answer 20 pack of ovulation sticks... it's cheaper than buying the regular 7 days worth that they usually come. Since you have a long cycle and you don't actually know when you ovulate, the 20 pack is your best bet. I would start testing about 3-5 days after my period finished and continue until I got a positive. Also, try looking into basal body charting. Once you get a few months of charts under your belt, you can pretty much know for certain when you will ovulate. I got pregnant my second month of using the OPK and BBT methods. Hope this helps.
I meant to say "I am NOW 14 weeks pregnant" not I am not 14 weeks pregnant!!!
Fingers crossed for you girl.look forward to ready your BFP post !!!!!
when you look for lady bugs you get tired and lay down and go to sleep, when you
wake up the lady bugs are all over you. Do you get It? Just let nature take its course
and the lady bugs will come to you! Maybe its not time for it right now! Maybe you
have to get other things in order right now in your life! They say just relax and let things happen and it will!                                                              

Keeping It Real,
                                                                                      Sister MIMI
Well, I disagree with some of the other posters about ovulating and CM. I've been doing a lot of research on the topic and like Joyrenee said, EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT!!! IT is a myth that women ovulate at the mid-point of their cycle. You can ovulate early, late or not at all (called anovulation). Most women notice the EWCM but for SOME women it is not as visible. Also, if you have a 40 day cycle, it's possible that you have an estrogen dominance issue which means that the estrogen is not being properly balanced by progesterone. This obviously means that conceiving would be more difficult as the proper level of progesterone is necessary to sustain implantation.
You should research the subject or check with your doctors. A 28 to 32 day cycle is considered Average and a 32 or longer day cycle is considered PROLONGED.
If you're trying to get pregnant, I would have your hormone levels checked, especially since you recently took birth control, which we all know restructures your hormone levels. I recommend a saliva test instead of blood tests. Saliva can easily be collected at home many days throughout your entire cycle, thereby allowing you to get a thorough picture of your cycle instead of a snapshot of just one day.
GOOD LUCK!!
My periods are normaly 22-24 days apart, so I counted from my previous periods and now I have passed the normal menstrual cycle of 22-24 I am now on the 30th day and I am worried, Am I pregnant or is this a change in my cycle.
i went off the Pill in July. Had my regular period as soon as i stopped taking it. Had no period in August. Had 2 periods in Sept. One on the First of Sept the other on the 26th. So from july to sept was almost 40 days and then 26 days apart in sept. DH and i are TTC and i think i might be pregnant but its hard to me to know when to take a test. Had sore breasts, hunger, irritablilty, sleepiness, mild cramps. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thx
i have a 40 day cycle and am now 9 days late. i feel like i m pregnant as have all the symptoms but he doctors keep telling me to go away because i had a negative urine test. i don't feel like they ar listening to me. i hostly believe I'm pregnant but dont no what else to do.
hi i have 40 days pregnancy, and don't want pregnant hurry can you suggest us for any medicine.
some person sagest us mether zin.
please replay as soon as possible      
I started with a 28 day apart for my period, then they got irrugular from one week late to two then three. So I went to the doctors, they put me on birth control to regulate my period. I used the nevua ring. After the three months of useing it I stopped cause I got married and we want to have a baby. So after I ended the Brith control, I was late so I took a test pregnant. But the next few days later I miscarriage. Now my periods are 41 days apart. We my husband and I still want a baby. How can I get pregnant with this irrugaler period??? I need help? Or answers?
mine is 28 day its perfect never get late ... but this time its late 40 days idk what is the wrong its make me mad and i know iam not pregnant cuz iam still virgin .... please i need help someone tell me what is the wrong if u guys know
hey everyone or some people....
just looking for advise so my period was the 1st of the month so Dec. 1st, my ovulation week was last week, me and my husband been doin the deed every other day mainly last week.
So tuesday my nipples start to hurt which is weird cause they usally hurt a week before i start or a few days not a whole week and 5 days before, then the pain got worse like a sore pain. i was laying in bed and i turn in my tummy and them my boobs are hurting as well.... i dont know what is going on my period doesnt come for an other whole week and a couple of days.. so my question would be what is going?