Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Need help.....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Need help.....

Question...if my wife takes vitimans and 1 hour later throws up is the baby still getting what it needs?
If she can never keep any vitamin down at all, I would suggest she see the doctor and find out if at least folic acid could be given in another form besides orally (like, maybe, a shot?) because it is so important.  But if she takes a vitamin and then throws up, and it's an isolated piece of timing, I would not stress over it.

Incidentally, I used to have some natural multi-vitamins that made me throw up when I *wasn't* pregnant.  I don't know what they used to compound them, but boy did they make me queasy.  My husband also.  Change the vitamin and the problem went away.  If you want to test whether the vitamin itself is the issue, take one yourself and see if it makes *you* sick.  If so, get a different brand for her.

Good luck
I'm not sure about the rate of absorption of the vitamin but maybe she could switch to taking them right before bed? A friend of mine had the same problem and switching to nighttime helped since she was asleep by the time she would have vomited.
My doctor recommended I try flintstone vitamins.  They are easier on the tummy. My sister-in-law's dr told her to drink Ensure. Good luck!
i had to switch to before bed because all vitamins make me feel sick.  I also have to have something in my stomach at the time.  So just a little snack when she takes them may help too.
I agree with you steph_ut
I alway take them at night right before bed cuz the vitamins get me nauseated.
I take iron and vitamins ;(
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers