Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Need some advice Please!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Need some advice Please!!!

I got positive pg tests and was going along okay at 10 weeks then I had some bleeding yesterday AM, then spotting during the rest of the day. My doc wanted me to get an ultrasound, my husband was able to get off work and came along. The ultrasound tech then told me they were calling the doc with results and that we both needed to get to the doctor. It looks like I may miscarry. The sac is about 10 weeks, but it looks like the fetus stopped at 6 weeks. They cannot be 100% sure, so we did a pregnancy lab test to check levels, it was 25,996 and I go again in 48 hours. If there is no rise, then they will assume it is ended. I am not having much pain.
They told me that with that level, heart tones should have been there, but they weren’t. How does the sac measure 10 weeks but the fetus 6 weeks, does the sac keep growing even though the fetus is not?
Megan

In some cases when you miscarry the sac will continue to grow and the fetus will stop developing. That is what happened to me when I miscarried the sac was 9 weeks and the baby only measured 6 1/2 with no heartbeat. Since my body wasn't miscarrying on its own I ended up having to get a D&C. I really am so sorry that you are going through this and if you need anyone to talk to everyone on this forum is extremely nice. :(
I had the same thing happen, I was 12 weeks and went in to my docs office they didnt hear a heart beat,,, but no worries.  Than I came home and the next day I had a bit of spotting, so I called the docs and they brought me in for an u/s and the baby stopped growing at 7.5 weeks, I had already seen a heartbeat, but it stopped..  So we did three more u/s because of my HCG levels rising,  and I had no more bleeding, just a spot.. I wait two weeks, and couldnt stand it anymore.. So I did the d/c, they said it could take up to a month to miscarry naturally.. I was growing to, I look pg.. So that was May '07 and May'08 I will deliver my son, yep I got pg that sept 07.. So I know this will be hard, and you will need to grieve.  But you can get pg again, and sometimes things happen for a reason and are better off.  I just keep telling myself that.  So dont give up any hope of having a baby, you can get pg, and honestly until I had a miscarry, I didnt realize how many people have had one, and open up to you, once you have had one to.. So see you are not alone in this at all.. Keep the faith, and I am sorry this is happening to you.  But you will be a mommy someday.  
Thank you both for your replies! It really helps to hear how other women went through it and their experiences. I am wondering if it is starting on its own, no blood, just brown spotting but cramps are starting. Thank you both so much!