Pregnancy 18-24 Community
New to the Group

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

New to the Group

Hello Ladies.  I am new to this site and forum and thought I'ld share my story and see if anyone else has experienced the same thing.  I have a 10month old son.  I had gone into preterm labor with him at 30 weeks and spent the next 5 weeks home on bedrest.  He arrived a month early and weighed 5.11. Thankfully he was healthy and never had to go to the nicu. Now he is bigger than the other kids his age!  I am now 7 weeks pregnant with my second due 11/23/08.  We are thrilled.  I was sick the week of 3/10 and had to go on antibiotics.  I took a pregnancy test and it was negative.  The next week it was positive!  Then started itching like crazy- SEVERELY, red welts, rash, over my ntire body.  I thought we bugs in the house... pest control sprayed and found nothing.  I thought maybe I was allergic to jelly beans (easter)... not them... My first midwife appointment was this past Monday... She thought it was the antibiotics.  Seemed to make sense at the time, even though I've been off it for 2 weeks now and am still having a major reaction.  I went to the Dermatologist today and he seems to think it is Pregnancy Induced Urticaria.  From what I know and he says- most women don't get this until the end of their 2nd/3rd trimester.  And most women recover 2-3 weeks after delivery.  Great!  9months of itching! I'ld rather have morning sickness!  I have my first High Risk OB appointment on Monday... I guess I'll just have to wait and see what he says too.   Thanks!  I look forward to talking with you all some more... Good luck everyone!
well i have never had that i have itching but its dry skin i get when pregnant but not like you were saying... can they not give you any creams or anything for it? Congratulations on your pregnancy... Do you think you could be in your 2nd trimester already? Good luck and i hope that you can find some kind of relief......
Welcome!!! Sorry I haven't heard of that condition. It's probably not a very common condition therefore it may be difficult to find someone who relates. But I hope your appointment goes well!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last week i was on antibotics and broke out in a rash on my hands and feet . it took about two days to go away. I am allergic to it. Good luck with yours.
During pregnancy you can become allergic to a lot of things you wouldn't normally be allergic to. I'm not sure if Urticaria is the same as PUPPP. This horrible pregnancy rash that will not go away not matter what you do. I got that at the end of the second trimester and had it all the way until a week after I gave birth. It was horrible and I wish it on no one.