Pregnancy 18-24 Community
No Period After Mirena Removal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

No Period After Mirena Removal

Hi!, After 3 months of using Mirena I got it removed (didn't like it at al)  April 18th, on the 20th I got what it seemed like a period that last 3 days, I have had unprotected sex a couple times since then. I have't got my period yet, I took 3 diferent ptest and they were all negative. Before Mirena I always had short cycles and was never late, during mirena no periods whatsoever. Could I be pregnant and test negative? Any other reason for the missing period?  Thank you!
Tags: test, TES
sometimes on stuff like that its still in your system even months after taking it.
i was on depo and didnt get my period back untill a year later!
Forgot to say that 2 weeks ago I had brownish spotting and was very crampy I thought it was AF  then I thought it was implantation bleeding. With my first pregnancy I tested positive 5 days before AF was expected. So I don't know what to think
You could but not as likely as your body just being a bit out of sync. It usually takes 2-3 months to get back to the norm after coming off of mirena. It still has a low dose of hormones so it shouldn't take as long as the depo shot.
That's what I am afraid of
Thank you!
I didn't test positive until I was a day late even with an early detection test. Don't fret too much, I would say it's just your hormones. The spotting is to be expected. I was told after coming off of birth control to expect it and if the spotting lasts more than a day then to consider it a period.
I had the mirena removed on November 15th, had a period (very short) on the 23rd and got a positive pregnancy test on the December 19th.  I am now almost 26 weeks.  It was crazy, I only had one period while on the mirena.  I had it for about 1.5 years to.  You could be pregnant!
It sounds like with you only having it for a short amount of time it could have thrown your peroids outta whack... It really could have messed with your hormones... I would wait a few days and then if AF dosnt show then test agian...

Keep in mind that the Mirena, does have hormone's in it and it could be you body adjusting to it being gone. Personally, I loved the Mirena. I just had to have mine taken out because I lost alot of weight all at once and it shifted and got imbeded in my uterus. But other than that I LOVED it....... Just remember it contains hormones also, and that it your body might be adjusting to it being out
Thank you so much! I have been very crampy today so maybe AF is coming to town. I would love to be pregnant I just hate not knowing.
I got my IUD removed on may 27th because we're planning to get pregnant. I have not gotten a period since, i do have pregnancy symptoms but tested negative twice. Does enyone have any advise on how to get pregnant sooner?
i got mirena remove 06/04/08 i had cramping and bleeding 2 days later for about 6 daz.i spotted 06/13 thru 06/15 which was a week later. my last period was 05/22 and has always been early or on time.anyway starting about 2 weeks ago i have been having pregnancy symptoms like nausea whoozy sensitive to smells fluttering low back pain very fatigue and today boobs hurt bad.my period if counting from last one would have been due the 19th if from 2 days after removal would have been the 4th of july. i have also been cramping alot like its coming but it hasn't came yet. i took 4 pregnancy test all negative. 1 the 19th 1 2 daz later one serum blood test the 21st and one cheap equate test today the 3rd. i have 3 kids so i thought i should know what it feels like anyway i am really confused i don't know what to think now. i feel very pregnant and my bf is also having alot of symptoms and started having them before i even said i might be. is anyone going through or have you been through this?also dr are no help enough research has not been done on mirena if you ask me.
I had my mirena removed on 6-15-08 and I bleed very heavy right after it was taken out. I bleed for a week and a half and since then I have not had a peroid. It is now 9-22-08 and I have taken several pregnancy test all which are negative. I have no clue what is going on with my body becuase before the mirena I was always regular, and during it I didnt have a menstrual but I thought it would go back to normal with it gone. I have all kinds of pregnancy symptoms but no positive test, I dont know what to do.
Hey gals. I had my mirena removed 08-29-08, after 4 1/2 years to try for our 3rd and have not gotten my period. Never did get it while on the mirena, but I feel weird. Tired and with nausea. Took 2 tests and both were negative. Isn't this stressful or what? My sister was on the other iud and got it out, 2 weeks after she found out she is expecting. I guess everyone is different. Docs aren't really much help.
Hey i am having alot of the same problems as the rest of you. I had my mirena taken out on aug 29 and still haven't had a period. Took two tests that were negative and it is really stressing me out which can have an effect on your period too.....
My husband and I are planning for another baby. At the age of, 29, I currently have two boys and had the Mirena IUD inserted for 3 ½ years. While the Mirena was inserted my menstrual cycles did not change. My cycle continued to come regularly and at the same consistency as if it never was inserted. The first day of my last cycle was 9/9/08 and its length is 25 days.

On 9/16/08 I had the Mirena IUD removed, which was also my 3 year wedding anniversary. My husband and I had intercourse on 9/16, 9/17, 9/18 and 9/21. (We’re happy LOL).  According to the ovulation calculators my predicted ovulation day was 9/20. On 9/22 I took an ovulation test strip just for the fun of it and tested positive for ovulation. The week of 9/22 I began to have breast tenderness along with swelling, left side mild abdominal like cramping, bloating, constipation, increased want for spicy foods and lasagna, lower back pain, fatigue, occasional nausea, white milky odorless discharge, mood swings and extra sensitive feelings. The cramps have subsided but every now and then I feel ligament pulling like cramping. I’ve taken the Clearblue Easy early pregnancy test and it was negative.

Still feeling pregnant, on 10/2 I requested to take a blood test from my doctor and the results were negative. My cycle was scheduled to start on 10/4 and its now 1 day late. I’m confused. Is removal of the Mirena causing me to feel pregnant or can I actually be pregnant? Please advise me and help me to clear up my confusion.
I've been having a similar problem. I took my mirena out in august don't remember the exact date. I had a light periode a few weeks after and a second time last month a regualar cycle of 27 days. I was due last week (oct. 14th). I had some very light spotting that lasted a day this week end oct. 18th. I know that can be a pregancy sign but the test was negative. Did any of you can any news if mirena causes those side effects once taking out??
Hi ladies
I too am playing the waiting game. I had my mirena removed on 30th Sep 08 and am still waiting for my periods to start. I did not even have any spotting when it was removed.I have had so many different things happen to me over the last 30 days and it is driving me crazy. As much as I would love to be pregnant right now( 2 negative tests as of yesterday) I really wish AF would just arrive so I know where I'm at. I have had every pregnancy symton this week known to man and it plays with your mind so much.Its funny I never thought I would say the words " I cant' wait for my periods"
It is now feb 2 2009. I had the mirena for 2 years. I got it out because i searched around and found out that I wasn't crazy and all the things I was feeling were in fact felt by other women. (no energy, no libido, horrible mood swings) on the cycle aspect, it was absolutely wonderful. I had always had heavy bleeding and long (7-10 days) periods. on the mirena i had no period and no cramp which i also had very bad cramps, crippling. So i got it removed and i had very light spotting for a few hours then nothing. I got put on yaz the day i had my mirena removed. I am almost done with my 3rd month and no period. before when i was on bc i was always very much on time. I am having the same pregnancy symptoms and took one equate test that came out negative. don't get it but would like to have kids again some day. soon preferably. just glad to find this site and not feel crazy. by the way all my dr's said the mirena couldn't be causing any of those other side effects but gee i feel a lot better after getting it taken out. not just in my head because i had not read anything on mirena, my fault should have researched sooner i guess.
i had mine removed in sept 08 and took 5 mths to conceive after falling preg with my sons within the first month of trying! it really does take a while to regulate your cycles again after the merina iud, i was on it for 4 yrs and loved it, also because you didnt have it in long it may be a roller coaster effect on your body like just getting used to all the hormones in the merina and not having a perios (periods) etc then you had it taken out and it has to clear all thoes hormones out etc, just have to wait it out it will happen tho if nothing different in 6 mths see you gp
good luck x

I hope everything is working out ok for you.  

I am having the same problems... I got the Mirena removed on 18th April, 2009 and had a bleed which I presumed was my period 3 days after.  I definately ovulated the following week and another week later I saw spotting which I was sure was implantation spotting.  I have been feeling so many symptoms of pregnancy since, I have three boys already and think I have that I know I'm pregnant feeling.  

But I'm just getting negative results from the urine tests.
i had my Merina removed May 2,08 after having it in for nearly 5 yrs. i was on af when it was removed, i had been spotting every 2 weeks for awhile... then it started into very sporatic cycles... 39 days,27 days,25 days,30 days.... after about 4 cycles it finally regulated... and i was also tracking Ovulation... so during 5th cycle (aug/sept) i made sure to BD at ovulation time... and low and behold 7 days before af was due i tested with a faint positive... so it only took me 5 months to conceive after removal... but everyone is differant. my periods came back right away, although not NORMAL cycles... they did regulate after a short time.
i am now nearly 34 weeks along... not 100% sure what the gender is as i was told girl back in feb and was told boy in april... lol.. crazy how things change...lol
I had my Mirena removed April 8th, had a normal period (1st in almost 4 years) of five days after removal.  Spotted for two days on the 26th-27th, then nothing.  I am now 2 weeks late and still throwing negatives on the pee stick.  I called the doc and he said to come in if I haven't started in the next week.  I'm having no cramps, but minor nausea and faint spells.  I feel pregnant, but I'm pretty sure I'm not since we've been careful about protection (Mirena was taken out because it recessed into uterus, we are not TTC).  I'm just stressed about not knowing what's going on.  Either way, it would be nice to know.  I am relieved that I'm not the only one going through this though.
Hi I got my merina out march 31st 09 because we are ttc our 4th. I had lite spotting with removal which I know is normal and not a period. 28 days later on april 28th I got what I thought was af, it lasted 3-4 days as my normal pre iud periods did. since then I know I have ovulated on or right around the 12th of may. We had intercourse before and right around ovulation time. I thought I would be do for af on may 25th. No show though. It's now may 29th and still nothing. I have taken 3 ptests all being neg. I don't know if I am preg or are my periods still out of wack from having merina in for a little over 4 yrs.  I hate this waiting game. If I'm not I just want to know and get af so we can  ttc this month. It's really tough to ttc when I don't know when af is coming expecially beacuse I was always so regular pre merina. If anybody has any info or advice I'd love to hear it. thank you
I am in the same boat you are in...I got my mirena removed and no spotting and two days later bled just a bit and nothing since then. I am ttc my 4 child and I have had 6pregnancy and I am fertile mertile..I was regular before my mirena and I am wonder as well...So only time well tell.
I got my Merina taken out on May 15. It in now June 17 and no spotting or bleeding or anything at all. About 10 pregnancy tests later and still nothing... I dont know what my body is doing...
I cannot tell you how helpful it has been to find this forum!  I thought I was the only one who has had three successful pregnancies, all of which had CLEAR signs of early pregnancy, and could have SWORN I was pregnant this month after having my Mirena removed in early April.  I had one pretty normal period about three weeks after removal, had an uneventful normal cycle afterward with clear signs of ovulation, etc.  Then, I start having VERY strong and obvious pregnancy symptoms--started with faintness, waves of nausea, exhaustion, cramping around implantation time, then moved on to food aversions and strong sense of smell, gagging on toothbrush, and things even tasted bad, just like they did when I was pregnant all three other times.  I wasn't  ttc (although had opportunity to), so I know I wasn't trying to find symptoms that weren't there.  I was always regular before Mirena, so when I was late for my af, I started testing.  All were negative...even the blood test I requested from the doc.  The worst is when the medical professionals treat you like you're just "talking yourself into feeling pregnant" when you tell them you're just "sure you are".  And then when you try and ask if other women have experienced this, they just say, "well, the Mirena hasn't been around long enough to really know."  That's comforting.
I finally started my af on Tuesday, and it is one for the books!  Bad bleeding and cramping.  I don't know, but after just one year on the Mirena, I worry I've screwed up my body/hormones!  It's bad enough to feel rough during actual early pregnancy, but to feel that way and not even be pregnant is terrible!  Not to mention the disapointment in finding out you're not...after you've spent one long week trying to reckon with the fact that you probably are...and then finally getting excited about the possibility.  VERY STRESSFUL!
Anyone experienced this and gotten to the other side where your body has regulated again?  How long did it take?
This mirena is turning into my nightmare... I was very normal before the mirena and now I don't know what to think.  I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen pill for 5 years, stopped it, and got pregnant the very next month with my son.  When he was 6 months old, I got the mirena.  I had it for 18 months, and now I am 5 weeks without it.  I have had NO PERIOD... NOT OVULATING!!  I know its only been 5 weeks, but its so hard when I hear of people who get their period a couple of weeks later, a month later.   We want to have baby #2, and this post mirena is really frustrating.  I think people telling you to be patient men well, but are very unrealistic.  When you want it, although you know you need to stay calm, its hard... and doctors need to know more about this thing, bc it sounds like its been a nightmare for a whole lot more women than just myself.
I had my Mirena removed on 1/20 with no pain for the purpose of ttc. I had only very light spotting that afternoon. I had it put in without any notable pain or bleeding in 11/2006 after my son was born on 8/31/2006. I never had AF visit while the Mirena was in & there were no complications.

AF came with a vengence on 2/25. I had totally thought that I was pregnant since my breasts were huge for over a week & I had had alot of nausea. Anywho, the bleeding was heavy & non-stop for 4-5 days. I then had light bleeding for 3-4 days more. That didn't happen after I gave birth...either time!!! Before Mirena, I had only had enough bleeding to fill a liner for 2-3 days so I was horrified & totally unprepared.

So, I was terrified at the idea that I would have have AF come visit again. My husband & ttc for the few days that I was supposed to have ovulated (no symptoms aside from the tiny cramp). However, AF came again on 4/5. This time she was her regular self so I was extremely relieved.

AF didn't come again until 85 days later on 6/28. It was a little heavier than last time, but nothing like the first time. I was relieved, but also a little sad because I was hoping that I'd eventually ovulate (again, no sign of ovulation other than a small cramp) & become pregnant. As my cycles have now grown increasingly longer, I can see that I'm going to have problems trying to conceive again. :-( My spouse & I are not ready to look into fertility treatments anytime soon, so I guess I'll just have to be patient for now.

I had the ovulation cramp again on 7/10 so my husband did his part all weekend trying to create a little sister for his son. I'm not exactly hopeful since I got the cramp the last two times approximately 12 days after day 1 of my flow.
well, my period finally came... now I am just hoping they are regular so that I can start to track ovulation.... I really hope this is not a depressing experience trying to conceive # 2...
I had my mirena removed 3 months ago, had some light bleeding for 3 days very soon after then nothing for 44 days.  I used an ovulation kit then and ovulated on day 14.  my period was 27 days this time.  Again used an ovulation kit and no ovulation - I'm now on day 35 and nothing. Have taken 2 pregnancy tests and not pregnant.  Like the rest of you  I'm confused.  How on earth do you get pregnant when waiting for a period so you can start trying again next month.
I had the mirena for 5 years with no periods.  I had mine removed on April 9,09.  I went on depo for 3 months and no periods either.  I was supposed to get a depo shot July 1st but didn't.  I still haven't had a period and I have tested for pregnancy 5 times and all negative. My husband and I are using condoms for protection but had a break on August 3,09. The last time I tested for pregnancy was September 5, 09.   I have had several symptoms of pregnancy, increased libido, keen sense of smell, morning sickness, nausea.  I'm going crazy, anyone else go through this? Is it possible I'm pregnant?  Or are my hormones out of wack?
i had the mirena coil twice. the first time was for 18 months and it was fantastic. i had no periods, the reason it was removed was because i was going to be a surrogate. however once it was removed my periods came back to normal 4weeks later.

i then had the mirena put back in to help with period control . after having it in the 2nd time again my periods stopped after 6 weeks and it was fantastic. me and my partner then wanted to try for a baby so again i had it removed and two days after it was removed i bled for 14 days. i did do ovulation tests when i came to day 10 of having the coil removed and i found i was ovulating. me and my partner are now overwhelmed that i am pregnant and it was only 4 weeks of having the coil out.
I had my Mirena taken out on March 3, had some very light bleeding 3 days later (I assumed it was a period).  We are TTC so I started counting then to try to figure out my cycle.  Started feeling pregnancy symptoms and tested positive for pregnancy on March 23rd.  Everything was going like normal, this was my 2nd pregnancy, I wasn't scheduled to have an ultrasound until 10 weeks.  At 8 weeks I started bleeding, went to the ER an found out I was having a miscarriage.  That was at the end of May, I was told to wait only one cycle before TTC again. I now have had 3 cycles but VERY short and VERY light but pretty much on time.  I read one really brutal comment on another post from someone who said that Mirena really thins out the lining of your uterus so that's why some people don't conceive after, I really feel like I didn't reasearch it enough and now might be messed up for good.  It makes sense that the lining is really thinned out because I think your period happens when you shed the lining, and so now maybe I just don't have much to shed, maybe this could even be a reason some people are having no periods at all.
I had my iud for two years. I had it taken out nov 16 th. I had a few periods while I had it, the reason I had it taken out was bc it was causing pains in my leg and in my lower back. Well me and my husband have been trying to get pregnat like everyday. I have missed when I was suppose to have a period but all the tests I take come up negative. I don't know what is going on? I just hope it didn't mess anything up. What should I do?
hello i had my mirena removed dec 8 2009 after 3.5 yrs and started the pill the same day, found out i had hpv a week later & refuse to get the gardasil shot . but im still not having a period i stopped taking the pills and i have sex almost everyday w/o a condom. i took a test on dec 24 and it was negitive but i have weight gain, back pain, nasuea, and i am always hungry  but the test was negitive.so idk what to think... any ideas?
Hey there to you and really anyone that can relate. I had my Merina taken out on the 22nd of Jan, for many reasons. I had it in over a year and once I got thorough the horrible introduction of it to my body, that took about 3-4 months. I finally got used to it. My husband always said he could feel it and there were times after sex I bled slightly. I had my yearly PAP done the end of Dec 2009 and after that I developed an infection. Now I believe that it was from the PAP and something with the Merina. I had itching, burning when I peed, cramps, bloody show, and the real kicker was what felt like mild contractions all day long. After being put on a anti for Bacterial Vaginosis for a week and not getting better and researching all the things that can happen due to Merina I wanted it out.

Just a little about me. I have two boys a soon to be 4 in April and a 1 1/2 year old. I am a stay at home mom and it's a lot of fun, hard work, that can drive me crazy sometimes. I just lost 33 lbs on WW with all the excitement to get into a bikini this summer, with no plans for having another just yet. All that said I was not planning on having this turn of event with the infection of Merina and not to long ago was not planning on having it removed. I have had no periods for a while that was a plus.

So that brings us to now. I had sex with my hubby on the 17Th of Jan and on the 21 the day before removal not even thinking about the risks of getting pregnant, which we do not want right now. Looking back pre Merina I ovulated around the 21st. I had small amount of blood after removal that I though was the start of my (. )on the 24Th and then nothing:( I have been so bloated that it's really uncomfortable, nauseous, tired, just not feeling as sexy as I have felt. With WW I track all that I eat, the good bad and the ugly and even going on Vaca I have not gained more than 1 1/2 lbs I am now up 2lbs. I had no issue with my boobs and was happy about that until last night. Not sore but tingly and my nipples are poky. Needless to say I'm not totally happy about this and part of me would be.

Where is my period and why do I feel pregnant? I took a cheap dollar tree test yesterday that was neg but it's still to early to test and I just have to wait;( It's hard to relax. my insurance does not cover maternity and like others we have high medical bills from this past year to pay for. I know we will be fine, our family will be in total shock but I'm still in hopes that AF comes and comes soon. Does anyone else have the same symptoms besides not having a AF?
i so thankful for finding all this info out. i had my mirena taken out on 1/6/2010, and had it put in october of 2008. i spotted a couple days after i had it taken out, and then a week later, i felt the urge to pee. i went 2 the bathroom and felt a gush, and i looked and the toilet was filled with blood, *sorry if this is gross* and then i kept dripping blood. and i felt a little dizzy. this caused me to have almost like a period for about 3 days, and now almost a month later i havent had ne thing, and i get my periods every 3 weeks even when i had the mirena in. i keep thinking im pregnant. im tired, i get dizzy. i feel bloated. i have taken a preg test & it was negative. ne body have ne ideas? thanks
I had my merina removed on 4/2 this year. I have had NO period since the removal. I have been using the OPK's and I had a surge on 13 & 14/2. We have been DTD since the Friday after having the mirena removed. I had a weird DC this morning with a specle of blood. Can anyone tell me what this means??
hi all, i know that i am kind-of jumping ship early, but everyone seems to have some sort of light period 1-10 days after removal, im 2 weeks after removal an nothing! my fiance will be going to Iraq soon and we want to conceive................Is there any hope???
BTW i feel a lttle betraded by the fact that they make it seem as though your back to normal right after removal!!!!
I have the mirena in for 3.5 years and got it removed on March 4, 2010..Then I bled heavy 2 days after on the 6&7 day and had brownish spotting on the 8th day.. Could that have been my period? or removal bleeding? Like most of you I have had pregnant like symptons such as nausea, fatigue, staying thirsty, fluttering in my stomach, cramping on my left side of my abdomen, my nipples have been a little tingly, but there has not been anymore bleeding since.. Could I be prengnant or are these side effects of the mirena?  
I am currently waiting for af to arrive. 6 Home tests later, all negative. My mirena has been out now for 5 1/2 weeks. It was removed about 2 days after my period finished, just in time for ovulation. I had 3 days of removal bleeding and then 2 days of spotting a week later. And now nothing...... I feel pregnant, hubby is convinced I am pregnant but all the tests say not. I feel angry and betrayed by the mirena company. I was told by the pharmacist and the doctor that fertility would return immediately after removal. I have got the sh**s. Some serious research needs to be done. I have never had a problem with fertility, quite the opposite actually. Now that we are ttc #3 we are hitting a brick wall.

Pg symptoms.
Tired, tired tired.
regular lower abdominal cramping (mild)
mood swings
increased libido !!! (this is a good one)
lactation from R breast
mild nausea (off and on)
increased tingly sensation in nipples.

Where is the mirena spokes person. What do they have to say about all of this. How long does it take for the hormones to get out of the body. Who is going to reimburse me for all of the HPT and Prenatal vitamins.

Rant over.

Good luck to all of those who are TTC. I hope everyone is feeling better soon.
I had my mirena removed on the 08/03/10, and have not had a period. I did not have a period whilst the coil was in place. We are wanting to start a family and I am beginning to worry that there is something wrong. Any Advice?
I had my mirena removed April 30, 2010 after a year and a half. I had my period on a 28 day cycle for the first year then every other month. My last AF was approx March 11th. That means it would have been do around the 7th of this month. I am showing all the signs of pregnancy I had with my first two children but have tested negative. I am experiencing nausea, increased saliva, tired, moody, food adversions, constipation with bouts of diarhea (diarrhea), tingling nipples, lower back pain, spotting around the 2nd and 3rd of May that was very light pink, cramping that is mild for a week, increased discharge, a metallic taste, and the other common pregnancy symptoms. I am so unsure of what is going on with my body right now. Could I be pregnant or is this all caused from the removal of mirena?
I removed my mirena on April 19th... I know it is still early, but I'm wondering why I have only had spotting on three separate occasions?  The first time was about three days after and it was very dark and only once when I wiped.  Then a week later I spotted two other days and only for an hour each time.  My husband and I DTD on April 16th and 17th.  I have no idea if I was ovulating or not, because I haven't had a period since July and there again it was only spotting for two days.  I had the mirena in for over three years.  Any advice or input will be greatly appreciated!
Sadly I'm with most of you :( I had my mirena taken out after a whole year. I was bleeding after sex all the time throughout the year. I thought it was because the of the mirena but was told "spotting" is normal in the first year so I just ignored it. Well, I finally had it taken out a year and one month later on March 2nd, 2010. I had a brief period, three-ish days after that. Since then, I have not had any period. It's middle of May, 2 and a half months later, and I have NO period still. :( I've taken multiple pregnancy tests, all negative. Like everyone, I'm having what I call a "ghost pregnancy." I have all the symptoms, gaggy, morning sick, sore nipples. I was so sure I was pregnant, I've taken 5 tests!! and nothing :( I feel lied to. I was told I would be able to conceive the day I took it out. Now, I only have one child and because I can't conceive, they're probably going to be four or five years apart. I only wanted a two year gap. I'm left with no period, no explanations, and just wondering, will I ever have another? ...
Hi, I am new to this and i am also glad to find this forum.

After reading all these comments i reckon its safe to say that having the Mirena coil out DOES give you Pregnancy symptoms (Weird) and the you start convincing yourself your pregnant.. i did!

I had the coil taken out 29 April, had spot of blood 5th May and nothing else. I have been taken pregnacare pre-conception and have gotten all kinds of symptoms from that too, im bloated and slightly constipated, extremely tired (going to bed at 8.30pm is so not me), but i dont want to stop taking them as i know it helps to conceive. I have taken 2 preg tests, both negative. I have only had the coil out 2 weeks but i am so impatient, but at the moment feel so tired n crampy that im just going to leave it to nature cos i think my body is now in a mess with the post-Mirena and the pre-pregnancy tablets.. Fingers crossed, those of us that are TTC will soon..

Take care everyone,

Lizzy2
I had my Mirena removed back at the end of December 2009. I had one Depo shot that ended the beginning of march. Have not had a period since July 2006 because of Depo till 2008 and Mirena till 2009. I still have not had a period and have taken multiple tests over the last 3 months and all were negative. I have had pregnancy symtoms (symptoms) for the last 2 months. I am pretty sure that alot of the symptoms I am having are not from removal. If anyone is having similar issues with no periods or bleeding what so ever please help me. I am TTC and am very confused.
I know it ***** to hear this but your periods can run extremely late after mirena removal. i went from being 28 days regular with 3-4 day long period to 35 day cycles with my periods lasting 2-3 days really really weird... just moniter your cervical fluids it will get to some type of normality.It usually takes 3 months to get your body normal
hi i had my marina removed on the 25th of may 2010 because i am planning to conceive, i only had it inserted in febuary 2010. two days after the removal i had what i thought was my period but it only lasted about 3 days. i have had no bleeding since and its now 7th june. i have had unprotected sex several times since the removal, i have done 2 pregnancy tests and both negetive and i have also been doing ovulation tests the past wk and im not ovulating either. my dr said the my fertility will go back to normal straight away arter the removal but im just worried it hasnt. any info would be much appreciated thanks heaps
I had my mirena removed on 6/16/2010 and that night the condom broke that nite i took plan b that next day and then  i started the patch but i keep forgeting to change it weekly. i took a pregnancy test it said negative so ya but i have all the symptoms of being pregnant. i don't know whats going on with my body. I don't like the patch tho either it's making my skin hurt so bad so idk if i am going to continue that b.c any more.. do you guys think i should take another test in about a month or so to make sure? I haven't had no period since i got the mirena removed last month so ya
Hi ladies -

I've read every post here and unlike all the other posts, i'm upset to say i don't want another baby yet.  I'm divorced and engaged and getting married next year in the summer 6/11/11.  Unfortunately, unlike the other posts, i have not spotted one bit or had any type of bleeding after removing my mirena. It will be 2 months next week since i removed it and i had it in for 4 1/2 years.  I have two daughters already and would like another baby but in about 4 yrs from now.  I was put on leestrin (i think thats how you spell it) the same day the mirena was removed and yes we have had sexual intercourse since then and right before it was removed as well.  I am going to take a urine test today from CVS but after reading all these posts, i doubt the truth will be revealed.  After reading all the posts i've come to notice most of you have had spotting immediately after removal so i am confused and terribly afraid. I used to get very heavy and long periods and with mirena i bleed for a year non stop and then it went away for good.  Should i be worried that im pregnant or is this spotting/period lapse of time normal?

Thanks for your help everyone!
SO I have been looking up some information on when you period should return and this is copied and pasted directly from the Mirena website, "When Mirena is removed,
your menstrual periods will come back."

When you ask well they will! I just got mine taken out after a year and a half of debilitating cramps and headaches and now when or am I ever going to conceive??? Nobody actually knows! I am very disappointed in myself for not researching this further! I had my first child at 20 and wanted a birth control that I wouldn't forget to take and I still want to have more children but now who knows if I ever will! I thought I was depressed when I was on the Mirena this makes it worse! I have always wanted more children to be able to give my child a sibling so she can experience the bond of having a brother or sister and now... I don't know if I can! I really hope my periods come and I can conceive! I am afraid to take any other birth control because what is that going to do that they haven't told me??? I haven't had a period since before I had my daughter over 2 years ago June 6, 2008! Thats not healthy and now is my uterus ever going to be able to carry a child or is it too thinned out and how long is it going to take to build back up??? Nobody has any answers! I really love when my OBGyn tried to tell my the cramping I was having is from a skeletal mutation! I know what a period cramp feels like and now I know what a period cramp X100 feels like! I really hope this isn't the end! I am only 21 I've made enough bad decisions in my life and now my husband wants another child and I cannot give him one! He loves our daughter to death and said he never thought he could ever love something so much. He was a man who never wanted kids and now wants another! He started working 2 jobs so we could support another child be "financially" ready and now for what....

Kristen
Mother of 1 beautiful baby girl wanting to have another!    
I had mirena removed exactly 2 months ago today after having had it in for exactly 1 year....and still NO SIGN of a period. i have been taking ovulation tests....and I'm not even ovulating!! I've taken multip0le pregnancy tests, which were all negative. I have an appt with my OB on Sept 7th to consult her about this issue....but we really want to conceive as soon as possible. Is conception even possible without ovulating? I'm not on any other birth control...and have been trying for another baby. What is going on? Anybody have any advice/help? Anyone else experience this? Does fertility really ever come back? PLease help! Thanks!
I had my mirena removed 5 weeks ago. I spotted the first day and nothing since. My dr that removed it said it was embedded and i should get my period in 4 weeks. Well here it is 5 weeks later and nothing. I've taken many pregnacy test and all negative. When i was pregnant with my son i had no signs except a late period and positive pregnancy test. Now i'm reading all these posts and i'm worried that with my period not coming back yet it has affected the chance of me getting pregnant. I called my dr and all they told me is that it can take up to 3 months for my period to get regular. Don't i have to have a period in orfer for them to get regular. If any of you have talken to your drs please any help of what they said would be appreciative. I had my mirena for a year and a half.
i got on the mirena in 2007 and just jot off on August 11, 2010. i was feeling pregnant when on the mirena thats why i got off but tests kept coming up neg. now that i am off i have a light brownish spotting that never gets darker for three days i still feel nausea, fatigue, moody, and craving hot sauce is it a mind thing bc i feel like it is. i want another baby bad and i have three kids that were easy coming and reading these post are really making me nervous. please give me info on who has had these problems and the drs dont know exactly.
Hey there is a great forum for people who are ttc after miena, the ladies are wonderful alot like you. here it is How long did it take you to conceive after Mirena IUD removal?
I had my mirena for 1 1/2 years and got it removed june 1 2010 after ttc for 2 months i finally got my BFP this month.
Check out the forum we will be happy to help you all.
I wish somebody would post that could actually help all of us women out here who are all having the same exact problem! This is just so crazy!

I got my mirena put in at my 6 week after birth appointment. I only kept it in for 10 months because it started to make me lose weight, my hair fall out, and made me have some thyroid issues for a bit. I had it taken out May 14, 2010. I spotted for like a day or so. That was it. I have still not had a period or any spotting or anything. I want to know what is wrong with me. Me and my boyfriend have been having sex like twice a week. And now I am starting to have pregnancy symptoms. Such as tiredness, my discharge has increased and changed, I feel bloated, and just feel like I am pregnant. I have taken tests and they come negative. I just wish I knew what to do or could find something to help! It is driving me crazy.
Hi, ladies Can anyone tell me what's going on? I got mirena in on Jan. 2010 and my husband and I wanted to start having kids so I had it removed Aug. 19 2 days before ovulation... I started bleeding 2 days later on 8-21-10 it lasted until 8-24-10. I started bleeding again on 8-30-10 it lasted 6 days and was heavy could this b a period? It's now Oct.1 first and based on my 28 day cycle I should have gotten a periodon sept. 29 but nothing. I have milky odorless discharge and I'm having all these preganacy (pregnancy) symptoms but I took 2 at home test negative and 1 blood test all negative. I'm scared now his would be our 1st child and now I'm afraid we will never get pregnant. I called my dr and she said mirena hormones r reversed after a month, I think it's BS where r all not having imaginary side affects. I will pray 4 all of. I just don't like the feeling of not knowing what's going on.
I like the first girl, had my Mirena taken out on August 26th because after almost 2 years i was tired of all the pain and discomfort, and i was tired of getting uti's and kidney infections. So now it's been almost 6 weeks since it's been taken out. 2 days after it was taken out i had some light bleeding that lasted about 2 hours. Then it was gone, then the following saturday laborday weekend i again had really light bleeding for about an hour. And nothign since. Before mirena and my 1st pregnancy my normal periods came on the exact same day every month and never lasted longer than 3-4 days. I lost 10lbs after having it removed, and for some reason i feel like i look bigger. I have had tender breast, and felt bloated/uncomfortable for some time now. I have taken 2 pregnancy test that both said negative, my doctor said that the hormones it released could still be in my body.But when the heck is my period supposed to start? nAny ideas on what's is going on?
I had my Mirena removed on 9/7/2010.  I bled two days after removal for about 48 hours.  I started my normal period 4 weeks later on 10/5/2010.  Up until I started, I felt pregnant.  My boobs hurt, I felt tired, stomach cramped, heartburn, and even a little sick to my stomach.  I guess it was all hormone withdrawal because the pregnancy tests were right...I was not pregnant!!  

I had sex many times after the removal, and think that my body had to rid the hormone from my system before I could start my regular cycle again.  I never lost my period on the Mirena, however after removal, it did take an entire 4 weeks to start again!  Very scary.

Hope this helps someone.
So my water broke at 20 weeks stayed in the hospital for a week and delivered my first baby on Easter night of this year [April 4 2010] Unfortunately my baby never moved and heart beat stopped after like 2 hours and a half. I got the MINERVA inserted right after labor. I all my life been regular since my AF came. After Minerva I bled like every two weeks as if it was AF... I HATED IT! So I got it removed on AUGUST 24 2010.

I bled for the next two days and AF came on SEPTEMBER 11 2010. It lasted for only 4 days. I first off got sick but thought it might have been the weather change. I felt pain around my nipples when there was any pressure. The bottom of my belly began to "pop up" and I knew that wasn't normal as it began to harden day by day.[Reminded me a lot of my first pregnancy] I was extremely gassy especially overnights and nauseated but not rarely ever with vomit. I noticed I was urinating more than often as well and was always very tired in class, at home in the store, everywhere. Would nap through the day and so was my partner...something that's not like him at all. He was actually picking up nauseated feelings as well and I hadn't even told him nothing of my suspicions yet!

I wasn't sure if the bleeding that occurred on SEPTEMBER 11 was AF or not since I was always menstruating on every 4th of the month and the bleeding was very different from my regular AF and I was already feeling pregnant a little before the 11th! So I went ahead and tested on about SEPTEMBER 22-23...NEGATIVE[Answer Brand]. I thought it was too soon. Being so anxious I only waited until SEPTEMBER 26 to re-test....NEGATIVE again.[Answer Brand]. I took a visit to the docs and only did a urine test as they insisted to wait on the blood test and it turned out NEGATIVE on OCTOBER 5 2010.[6 days before missed period]. So I just felt I had no other choice but to play the waiting game. I went ahead and purchased a 99 cent pregnancy test. Tested again today OCTOBER 17 2010 and it came out POSITIVE! [Now 6 days past missed period] My sister seen it.[Mother of 4] and said to me....."OK THAT'S TOO POSITIVE!" jaja....So weird.......seeing the doc later on this week.......I hope for the best. Good luck to all!

If I can help anyone with anything, feel free to let me know. ;]
I had my mirena taken out 0ct 12,10 and had bleeding oct 14,10 thru the 18 then stopped and havent had any bleeding since i have been ttc ever since is there any luck any getting pregnant like this me and my husband really want one...
Like a lot of others on here I am glad I found this forum......I had my mirena for almost 5 years when I decided to have it removed. On 9/30/10 the doctor removed it, 2-3 days later I spotted a little bit and since then I have had nothing. For the last 2 weeks I haven't felt very well and it kind of reminds me of when I was pregnant with my first two children. All of my symptoms point to pregnancy, but three tests later they're still negative. This is very frustrating I just wish I would get my period so I know where I am at. I hate not knowing where I am at in my cycle. My husband and I haven't used protection at all so I could very well get pregnant (I have been very fertile in the past), but when I don't know when I am suppose to get my period I have a hard time knowing when I am ovulating. They say to check the mucus around the cervex, but since the Mirena was inserted and even after it was removed I continue to have an abundance of discharge which makes it hard to tell. I'm just really frustrated with the whole thing and am sick of wasting my money on pregancy tests. If I'm not pregnant than fine, but if that's the case can I PLEASE get my period!!!

If anyone has any advice on how they're body reacted after removal I would really appreciate it.  Thanks a Bunch!!!
I removed my mirena a few weeks ago. I am glad I found this discussion because I thought I was crazy with all the pregnancy symptoms I experienced these last few weeks.  Now I am suspecting it was hormone withdrawals.  I feel there is a little bit of concern about the safety and effects of the IUD with regards to conceiving.   I wanted to share some of my research.

Pregnancy is a game of odds.  Normal conception rates from my research are as follows: 15% within a month, 60% within 6 months, and 85% within a year.  The mirena prevents pregnancy by making the body feel pregnant.  It does this 2 ways: low hormone dose, and by putting pressure on the uterine walls.  As a result of this, mirena preserves healthy eggs and keeps the uterus healthy.  

Think back to the days before birth control, women were pregnant all the time---unless they abstained :)  Pregnancy and delivery are much harder on the body than the mirena and there is a greater risk of damage to the body than the mirena.  

After delivery, some women get pregnant right away, others it takes a while.  Its the same as the IUD from a statistical standpoint.

Hang in there, and of course, see a doctor if strange symptoms persist.  Good luck to all the hopefuls!  
I had my period during my mirena removal after that I bled for 4 day d do I count dis as a period? I had
sex before and after mirena could I be pregnant soon?
I just had the mirena removed due to headaches and other issues. I did have unprotected sex the night before I had it taken out. Could I get pregnant due to the fact the sperm can live inside the body for a certain amount of time?
hi my name is ana i had the mirena taken out 9/01/2010 after a 1 yr and 1/2. i got a full blown period after removal and got it again 09/29/2010...... i was suppose to get it again 10/27/2010 according to the ovulation calender online but havent got it yet by the way i had intercourse 10/18-10/20-1024-10/26 and 10/28 lol can i be pregnant oh and i had one little brown spot on 11/05/2010 i took like 4 pergnancy test and they all came back negative can i be prego?
I got off it in July. Two weeks before I had a short period, the only one I ever had while on the Mirena (almost 2 years). It took me 5 months to have a period. And this is the worst period I have ever had.....VERY HEAVY.
i had my iud taken out about a month ago...i had some spotting shortly after...then nothing...and just 4 days go spotting again but only for the day...i have took pregnancy test but all neg...but im having cramps and cravings like i did with all 5 of my other pregnancys....im baffled......
I got the mirena removed 7 moths ago and only had 3 periods. now here I am tryin to conceive and I'm 2 mths late and have taken many preg test but all negative and I keep having preg symptoms! Can anyone help me out and tellin me if I'm ever gonna get my one more baby?
I got my mirena removed last yr in early october I started to bleed the next day heavy then no period november or dec then jan 18 I got one it lasted bout 2-3 days then I didn't get none for feb and now its almost time for me to have another one. Could I be pregnant? Wat should I do?
hi i have my mirena remove march 24th i had a normal light period for 5 days i didnt not have a period for april i do fell feel cramps and my breast somtime feel sore but my period has not came jus yet..i took 3 test and all negitive..so wat do u think is my body jus tryin to get use to be back to normal? w my daugther i got a postive afte i was 10 days late on my period..so am not sure wat to think rite now
I got my mirena out on 6/22/11 and had only one day of very light bleeding. I have to kids from a diff realionship and one step daughter. My soon to be husband and I want to have a baby to complete our family. I need to know what is going on inside my body. I feel that the dr should have told us all that this might happen when we got the Mirena taken out.
Im in the same boat..i had mine removed march 10, 2011..i had a strong period that hit end of march and lasted about 3-4 days..i havent had one since! I gained some weight..tired early at night..im kinda nasious in the mornimg but not super bad..and there are foods I cant even look at withput feeling sick..should I take a test? Could I be pregnant? I could really use some help/advice...
mmm interesting. thinking i might call my dr and see about getting on a low dose pill to regulate myself (or even get a period) grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had my mirena off the first week of june and started bleeding for a week. It is now the last week of August and still no signs of my period. Im trying to get get pregnant but all my tests have been negative. Don't know whats going on but all doctors will tell you is that its ok. My period has always been irregular even before the mirena so i don't know what to expect. i guess i just need to wait...
Have any of you ladies from previous post got in pregers yet?!?! If so how long did it take? Help give some of ladies a sign for hope:)
I got the mirena after my first baby i had for about a year and  a half and the when the doctor checked it they noticed that it was coming out so they took it out with in a month of getting it out me and my hubby wanted to have another baby i got pregnant on the first try (so if your trying there is hope!) then after baby number two i got the mirena put in again after about 2 and a half years later i got it taken out due to moodiness weight gain and head ache and constantly being on my period i had gotten off my period 2 days before i had gotten it removed and then i had spotting again for about 4 days it has now been a month since i have gotten it removed i have been cramping like i am about to start my cycle for about two weeks but nothing yet i have been using condoms except for once and i got the day after pill and still nothing.
I suppose my story/question is a little different than the rest of all of yours. I had my first and only son March 5th, and had Mirena put in six weeks later. After my body adjusted to the hormones my flow stopped completely. I hadn't had a period for two months. It was very nice, although come to find out my partner was still able to feel the threads and would cut him during intercourse and I bled every single time afterward. I saw my Dr. and come to find out my IUD was holding on by just the arm piece. Unfortunately for me, I had to have it removed. During the time I had it in place, my partner and I had been having unprotected sex thinking that the IUD was correctly in place with nothing to worry about. Now, however, I am worried. I got it removed on September 22, and now three weeks later I still have had no period. Not even a little spotting after it was removed. I'm not trying to get pregnant. I'm 21 years old and my baby boy was my surprise pregnancy while on the NuvaRing. I've taken two tests which both have given negative test results. I know that it could take two to three months before I have a regular cycle, but I am wondering if its normal for me to not have even spotted after the IUD was removed, and if I should get a blood test done to confirm pregnancy.

Help?
Hi, I had my Mirena removed on July 25. 2011 and have barely started a real period on 10/13/2011. I want to start trying to conceive next spring and I just wanted to share some information with you all that I found.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=53641

Thanks!!!
My mirena came out after a weight loss of 26lbs a week later AF came
lasted almost 2 weeks and was so bad. It is now 8 weeks later and still no AF I feal so pregnant .This is how I felt with my 4 pregnancys. Nausea ,fatigue , insomnia, light headed nasal conjestion.After four pg test and one blood test still negative. Wish I would either start or find out. There are so many symptoms I cant list would swear im pg but the testsay otherwise.
I had the same thing going on with me I had my mirena taken out on November 29,2011 had a period. just waiting a few weeks before I take a test to make sure i give it enough time to do its procedure. I am ttc and hoping for it to happen before christmas thats what I want for christmas is to find out im having another baby. Good luck and baby dust to everyone ttc
can anyone help me. I had my mirena taken out November 15 and was not told that I should start my new pill pack right away. I had mirena removed due to ongoing development of ovarian cysts that were really painful, fatigue, nausea, cramping 24/7, etc, etc, etc...... It is December 2 and still no AF. This is so frustrating and I don't know what to do. I took a pregnancy test and it came up negative. I am not even spotting one bit. This is freaking me out because I already have a two year old boy who I got pregnant with on the pill. Also I am a fulltime college student and work full time. I can't have another baby right now. can anyone help me? how long will it take for my period to come back so i can start my new pill pack? I've heart of people not getting their cycle till a year later. if so, what do i do about birth control?
Had mine removed nov 23 had period the 25 lasted 4 days and still haven't had one took test but says neg could I be prego and not read yet or just mirena
Hi Everyone.  I am new to this.  First off I have been pregnant 5 times.  I have 3 healthy boys, one little angel in heaven my daughter, and i had one miscarriage at 6-7 weeks.  My first two pregnancies were healthy and normal both delivered via c section.  Then after my 2nd child was born, my new fiance and i unexpectedly conceived a child.  It was a girl!!!!!  Well at 36 1/2 weeks we lost her to true knots in her umbilical cord.  We waited a little over 5 months to start trying again after her delivery.  I suppose due to severe depression my cycles stopped so trying was hard.  Dr. ended up putting me on Avandia and clomid.  We conceived the 2nd month of trying and miscarried at 6 or 7 weeks.  A few days after that I got a call my Dad was dying so I had to fly out of town.  2 weeks later my dad passed away and my husband flew in.  We had intercourse that night and again in the morning not thinking about the possibility of pregnancy.  I was sad and heart broken and i just wanted to be with my husband.  2 weeks later I realized it had been a month since my miscarriage and should be expecting a period.  no period just dizziness and alot of cramping with no show of blood.  So i tested and i was pregnant!  Our son was born this past april.  I had mirena placed in june and only had two periods after.  one short one long.  then nothing.  Still havent cycled since.  I am now trying to plan when to have it removed in hopes of conceiving sometime this summer or next year.  I really want to conceive this year.  After reading alot of these blogs I am soooo scared I messed up by having the mirena placed in the first place.  I want a girl next time.  I planned on trying using methods my dr has taught me and i have done alot of research on and that requires me pinpointing ovulation but it sounds like thats just about gonna be impossible.  Any advise?  Should i have it removed now and take bc pills til we want to try? or what?
i had the marina coil out today after just 8 week of having it i hated it it gave me back ache for some reson and my periods were so messed up and i had alot of pain in my stomach with it ,, i would never recomend it to anyone and so pleased its gone!!!!!!  
I had mirena for 6 years with no periods and have had it removed 5 weeks ago and still no period, me and my partner are ttc but ive done 3 hpt and thyve all came back negative! What is going on please help!
When I got pregnant with my daughter I was 21 yrs old,and ON the Depo birthcontrol shot.and I so did not want to become prego.so I also used condoms too!? Somehow in spite of the precautions that I took not to become pregnant, I somehow fell into that 1% chance. After having my daughter, I got the Mirena IUD put in. Ive had it in now for about four years.I havent really had any problems with it at all and have not had any bleeding at all either...UNTIL last friday! omg I had Sharp pain (did not feel like a cramp!) in the center of my uterus in the middle of the night, the pain was so bad and kept me up all night.the only thing that took the pain away the next day was vicodin. This comming friday I finally have an appointment with my doctor to discuss having my Mirena removed because my husband and I are ready to have our 2nd child and our daughter is turning 5 in September. I am hoping that since I was able to somehow become prego.while on Depo shot/with condoms, that I can become pregnant shortly after getting Mirena removed!
Oh! I would also like to add that before I found out I was pregnant with my daughter, I did have light  bleeding,so I thought noo theres no way. And had no morning sickness either. But I took quite a few different pregnancy tests that all came back negative.I didnt find out that I was pregnant until I went into to the doctors for my monthly Depo shot.They took a blood test and a while later I got a phone call saying I was 2 months pregnant!?! I was so so shocked you know?..I told the lady no no theres no way! she responded with I know this is a bit of a shock for you but take a deep breathe and let the news sink in,ok honey.have a nice day.
I had my iud removed 8/3/12....gyn said my pd should return that very day and it didn't...I had some brownish d/c dor 3 days and that was it..I took a hpt 8/17 and it came back negative...My pd still hasnt returned and im not having any symptoms not even PMS...
I had the Mirena for 2 years before my last child. I had it removed in late August 2009, had no period until early October and confirmed pregnancy on Oct 31st. My daughter is 2 now and I had the Mirena put in right at 6-8 weeks postpartum. I got it taken out this Aug 26th, we are TTC our last one and I did have a 1/2 day of bleeding 5 days after removal. I guess it must not have been a period, but maybe withdrawal from the Mirena removal? No one knows. I am feeling frustrated, but am grateful to have found this forum.
I have been waiting for a period, since 3 HPT have come up negative.
I have 4 children and all conceived the very first month of trying except the 4th, post-Mirena. She was conceived after a total of 6 weeks of trying.
I am still waiting for my period and now that I am 37, I am slightly more worried about conception. I have been so blessed in the past to conceive quickly. Unfortunately, I am not patient.
Hopefully, my period will return and I will ovulate, so we can have our last little one.
Thanks, ladies for sharing your experiences. It really helps me to not feel alone! My husband, obviously, loves the TTC part, so he doesn't care how long it takes, etc. I think women feel more pressure when TTC.
I hope this can give some of you some hope, even for myself! I really don't think the Mirena influences anything but short-term fertility, based upon my own experience, but it may take a bit to return to normal.
Best wishes to all of you!
I got the mirena right after my second child was born. Hadn't had sex in 7 months and when I did it came out. I had the mirena in for a month before it came out and the whole time it was in I did nothing but bleed. I have not bled since the day it came out. I haven't bled in 3 months now and am concerned I'm pregnant. I have taken 2 pts and they both say negative. I just don't inderstand what's going on with my body I feel like I'm pragnant, I'm gaining weight, headaches daily, but no morning sickness. Has anyone had the same problem and not had a period for 3months?
Had the iud out for almost seven months had a period for a week then stopped for two months got it again for a week and ever since then no period and took ptest and all negative is that normal
I had the Mirena in for a year and a month and I got my period the day after it was removed. I had 3 periods before I got pregnant. I had no periods at all during The Mirena. Everyone's body reacts differently to it.
I had my Mirena removed on Oct 3, on Oct. 5th I had what seemed to be a normal period, I bled heavily and was cramping as well as if it was a normal period..I had unprotected sex about 4days before my removal, and the.day after, I still haven't seen my period since.after I had it removed, none the less I had a regular period while on the Mirena...could I be pregnant already??
I had my mirena taken out september 30th, have not had a period or spotting, or any signs of a period. I didnt have a period while i was on it at all, i had it put in 12-7-11, im a little concerned. i called my doctors office several times but they just keep blowing me off like nothing is wrong. has anyone had or heard of this happening to anyone? i just dont think its all to normal.
Same issue here, I had mine removed 11/20 and nothing. According to my Dr. I was fertile the day it was taken out. I had some minor spotting at first, but that was it.

Nada, zippo, zilch, zero.... I have not had any babies before, so I really don't know what to expect.

It has me on edge, wondering and waiting....
i also am having the exact same issues. i had the mirena taken out Dec 5, 2012 and had very rough bleeding for a week or so. after 3 years no period i felt like i would die lol. i usually have very unusual periods but it is jan 7 and i haven't had anything yet. i took 2 test and they said negative but i too feel pregnant. i am ttc with my second but this is stressing me out. how long does it take and were any of you pregnant or was it the mirena????
i know it has been a while but i too am having the symptoms and issues you posted and was wondering how it went and all so maybe i can pinpoint my symptoms and i only had one period right after removal and it is a month later and no period of anything????? thank you for your time
i know it is 2013 but i was wondering what happened were you pregnant i feel like you felt then lol????????????
i was wondering what happened b/c i feel and am now dealing with the same????????/
Please help I had my mirena removed feb 7 & started my period on feb 7 that last 7 days! This was normal b4 mirena & since it was removed the exact date of my usual cycle I thought it was my cycle & it was back normal. Today is march 9th I'm 2 days late, smells make me sick, I ate a pickle after 6 yrs, i have to keep something in my mouth saliva makes me sick, lightly cramping!... Could I be pregnant ?
Hello I'm new to this site and I had the Lorena about 8 months.I got it taken out feb28,2013.Ok I haven't had a period yet but took 2 pregnancy test and they both was negative.But I'm having morning sickness and very tired.And when I was on the mirena I was still having periods.So now I'm stuck and don't no wat to think.
I had the mirena for about 3 years and been off of it for about 3 months the whole time on mirena i had no period at all and still haven't had one and i want to conceive do i have to wait until i have a period to get pregnant?? Keep in mind before mirena i was on the depo shot for a year and a half and had no period the whole time.do any of toy ladys know how long it takes before i have a period again???
-thanks Angie:)
Hi, I'm very much the same as most of you, it's driving me insane already, it's only Been  five weeks since I had the coil removed, I had light bleeding 2 days after for approx 5 days then 2 weeks later I had the same again but I wouldn't say either of these were periods, since then if had alot of pregnancy symptoms Inc extreme bloating, it's horrendous, a test was negative this morning, I believe just im not pregnant, but from what I can gather is that the coil must trick our bodies somehow in to believing we are pregnant, this sounds crazy but it's not the only explanation as none of us are actually pregnant!
Yes the hormones it releases make the body seem pregnant so you won't ovulate. I was perfectly healthy before mirena, i had it removed in december and haven't had a period since. But i am pregnant. After mirena i have found out I have PCOS and Premature Ovarian Failure. I do believe the mirena is responsible.
Oh gosh, that's awful for you, I'm sorry, I'm glad your pregnant tho, for me it's only been five weeks so I as m trying to be patient with it all but all these symptoms are awful especially when they are "fake"
Did you ever get your pierod, or end up pregnant its been 5 weeks for me and I can't handle this anymore. I'm seriously so sick all the time its affecting my work life and social life. I hate mirena
I have not had my pierod yet and its been just over a month. How long did it take you ladies with all these symoptoms to start, have any of you gotten pregnant yet any help would be great
I didn't have the Mirena. But I had the implanon in my arm for 3 years and it was time to remove and/or renew. But I didn't immediately renew as I was considering the 12 year version instead of 3 again. Anyway, my doctor told me not to expect a period because it wasnt a sure thing. She told me that estrogen could stay in my body for 1 minute or 1 year. I took it off May of this year and I conceived in June! And I'm 4 months pregnant with a baby girl. And I found out I was pregnant at 2 months. I have had no symptoms up to this day. I don't even feel pregnant. I just wasnt expecting a period that it wasnt a big deal until it was too late to get on BC for 12 years lol  
But when I removed the birth control I had a brown discharge for about 3 days almost 2 weeks after it came off. So dont expect a period soon. Like my doctor said 1 minute to 1 year. Just play it safe in the meantime.
So you never had a pierod before finding out you were pregnant!!! Sorry if thats personal I am trying to have a baby and had the mierana out and still no pierod but hoping Im still ovulating.
I had the mirena removed in april 2013 and now its almost november 2013 and still no period. Only recently my stomach feels weird and my nipples are extremly sensitive (almost painful). with my first son I took tests and they all said negative. It wasnt until I got a blood test that said I was pregnant and also found out I was 4 months pregnant. Im worried. Should I go get a blood test or is this normal after the removal of the mirena??
I was late removing the mirena I had it in me for 7 years my doctor left and after that I had trouble getting a new doctor.  I have had my mirena put now for a full year now and my periods have not normalized and I am not pregnant or close menopause.  By not normalizing I mean when I do have one it is less than a day long.  I don't know what to think I am worried to because I do want to have a baby.