Pregnancy 18-24 Community
No period after IUD removal and trying for a baby.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Hello! I had my IUD removed on October 4th. and being all excited about trying we decided to go ahead and start. My periods before IUD were irregular and while on it for the 3.5 years I had 0.
What I'm asking is if it is to soon to try to test for a pregnancy. (also I've had some spotting that shows itself every 2 days.)  And if it is to soon when should I test. I have been experiencing mood swings. but I've put that off as me being weird haha
Most women will not ovulate immediately after their IUD is taken out. (I assume you had Mirena since you had no cycle) while it is possible to get pregnant immediately, it's best to wait till you've had at least one cycle--the reason being is that if you get pregnant too soon after you risk miscarriage.

Since its been two weeks you could technically test now. Make sure to use first morning urine. Good luck!!
thank you so much! I'm so nervous!!! Being the first time everything is so scary to me if i'll be a good mother or not. :) :)
I'm already on vitamins and I stopped drinking pop and started drinking/eating healthy. Also made my husband's parents quit smoking and take the whopping cough shot. Husband says I'm going over the top :\ am I?
I've never heard of that, that there is a risk of miscarriage if you get pregnant right after removal.

I have had mirena twice and had it removed twice to get pregnant.  The first time it took 3 months for my first period but I got pregnant right after.

The second time it took a month to have my first period and again I got pregnant right after.

It is possible for you to become pregnant the day you have the IUD removed, however I don't know how common this is.  You should take a test to ease your mind if its bothering you, if not wait for your period to show up, unless you're having pregnancy symptoms!  good luck!