Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Not a urinary tract infection then WHAT???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I've been in TONS of pain for about 3 weeks when I went to the doctor they tested me for a UTI and any STDs (I'm married so I know that wasn't the case) and all of them were negitive including the UTI..so they gave me the meds 4 a UTI any wasy I've been taking them now abbout 2 weeks and no luck the pain after urination iis getting worse...it hurts sooo badly I'm almost in tears...and while walking around I can also feel the pain...too me it feels like a UTI just without the constant urinating....I went back to my O.B. because with all this pain their has to be something wrong but he says NO everything looks perfect inside and out and with y baby (I'm 22 weeks) so where is this terrible pain coming from?I'm almost iin tears everything I PEE...they say its round ligement pain buut that pain does not come when u pee?? HELP. HELP. HELP. Has anyone ever went threw this?? Any advice??? Thank you..
This is a strange one. I really don't have much advice to offer, and not sure what else could be causing it. Maybe the way baby is lying or sitting against something is causing the pain? To me, it sounds like a UTI though and when you've had one before you do recognise the pain so it's so strange that the tests are coming back neg for that.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help! I would just suggest going back to the doctor because like you said, something must be causing the pain adn they can't leave you in pain like that either. Definitely worth checking out the position of the baby though just in case it is the way it's laying?
I used to have awful pains after I went to the bathroom. My doctor tested me for a UTI and it was negative. Then they told me it was most likely a harmless bladder spasm. So if it's not a UTI, that's what I'd say it is. With the baby pushing against your bladder, when you relieve yourself it can cause anywhere from a mild discomfort to a sharp shooting pain that feels like someone stabbing you in the lower abdomen. As the baby gets bigger and moves up away from your bladder it may get better. I found that not letting my bladder get too full helped some also. I hope you get to feeling better!
go see a urologist they wil help u more i had something like this it was inflammation of the bladder your OB cant help when it comes to that i have been having pain in my kidney they kept saying oh your test are all coming back fine went to my urologist and come to find out i have hydronaphrosis witch is y i have the pain if i were u call a urologist frist thing in the morning
I had kidney stones with my first pregnancy, only diagnosed after 3 lots of antibiotics failed to help. They really hurt, but eventually will pass through and miraculously the pain disappears! Hope you're feeling better soon.