Pregnancy 18-24 Community
OK, so now that i know its a BFP...can I still get my hair done 2morrow...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

OK, so now that i know its a BFP...can I still get my hair done 2morrow?

OK, so i have a hair appointment tomorrow, I was planning on taking my hair back to dark brown(have some wickedly growmn out highlights)......do u think its still safe for me to do this or not????
My hair salon says that it is perfectly fine but I only get highlights.  I know that the worry is color on the scalp.  They can probably use foils to turn your hair darker (low lights) and that way the color never penetrates your scalp.  After my 1st trimester I went back to all brown so I didnt have to go as often too...
I am a hair stylist you can get your hair colored or highlighted. it has never been proven i colored mine with both girls both very smart and healthy. my oldest daughter is almost 4 and never been on an antobiotic. Ask your doc? it does'nt penetrate into the blood. but your hormones might affect the color turn out haha but it never did with me
lol...hmmm good question...I have been wanting to dye my hair and get my highlights again so bad but I'm not sure either...some of my co-workers were like "i did my hair throughout my whole pregnancy" and had perfectly healthy babies, some of them are like "oh no you can't do that!!! AT ALL!!" so I'm like okay...I'll just wait just to be safe...but I read that their is no harm in dying the hair because very little amount of the hair dye is actually absorbed into the skin...I would ask your doctor if anything because I've had both reactions...how far along are you? But if you think about many women don't know they're pregnant for the first several weeks and do things , hair dyeing being one of them, that you would think would harm the baby and pop out healthy babies
I was wondering about this for the last few days, but I was too afraid to do it. I also think that I'm going to still just stick with highlights.
My ob/gyn said not to dye my hair in the first trimester. It sucked! I had to wait until I hit the 2nd trimester and my roots were awful! You should probably call and ask your doc. There are conflicting opinions on this.
my stylist said as long as it does not touch your scalp it is fine.  (like pulling it trough a cap would be fine.
every doctor says a different thing. my doc says in the first trimester if youre going to get it colored do a foil, as it stays off of the scalp. im also a hair stylist, so i would just go in and ask them for low lights of your natural color. :)
ask your doc, but when i was 7 weeks, i went back to dark brown too, she did my whole head.  but like i said call your doc
Different docs say different things. If some docs say not to do it, I wouldn't do it. I've heard as long as it doesn't touch your scalp it's okay.
i was told to wait till i finish first trimester but i have heard many people say otherwise.  i am waiting just because i am paranoid.  my hair is a mess!  6 more weeks of wearing scarfs!!!  ;-)
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers