Pregnancy 18-24 Community
OT- Pregnancy brain...kinda silly

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

OT- Pregnancy brain...kinda silly

So I just saw in another post a reference to pregnancy brain.   I'll just share some embarassing but funny things that happened to me just today.  I was so frustrated because I hate having my thoughts so disorganized and out of whack!  So first thing this morning on my way out the door, I picked up a piece of paper to take with me.   Well it is no where to be found.   I have back tracked every step I've made.  I have no idea what the heck I did with it.  Pregnancy brain...... also I get to work and go to the restroom to find blood on my panties.   Obviously I immediately started freaking out....then remembered that I had "attempted" to shave down there....at 33 weeks pregnant.  Didn't work out so well. LOL!!  Ok so there is my embarassing and frustrated pregnancy brain post.  Hope someone else can relate and get a kick out of it.
My only embarrassing story thus far is accidentally peeing my pants when I was really sick because I kept coughing so hard. It wasn't full out peeing, just a smidge. But still gross and embarrassing!
wow, this pregnancy brain thing is something. i dont know if i have conceived yet, im in the tww, but besides feeling exhausted, i have felt a lil out of it. I keep forgetting small things. Really wierd, i just though i  was tired though.
I don't think I have any funny preggo brain stories this time but when I was pregnant with my son TJ, I stuck empty ice trays in the freezer, and my keys in the fridge. I couldn't ever figure out WHY I did it but I did.
Ohhhhhh... but I do have a ton of pregnancy brain moments. I'd have to have my husband get on here and type them out, though (doubt he will) because I forget a lot of it. Just a lot of stupid things that any sane person would never do. Ha ha!
My biggest pregnancy brain issue is that I mix up my words when I am speaking, ex "Becareful and don't cut the knife with your finger" or "Put the shelf on the book" and I will be looking at something and say the name of what I am looking at instead of what I am actually talking about.  I also caught myself putting my vitamin bottle in the freezer.
my boys are a year old and i still have preggo brain. lol. we're switching the boys over to milk so to help we're slowly weaning them from soy formula to milk based formula to go to half milk based formula half milk. well i just made their bedtime bottles and he says did you do 2/4's and 2/4's? i'm like...huh? no i did 1/2 and 1/2. he's like yeah 2/4 and 2/4. i'm like...noooo i did 1/2 and 1/2. 10 minutes later it dawns on me 2/4's IS 1/2. lol. i've  got sooooo many preggo brain stories...
Pregnancy brain was one of my first symptoms!  I was trying to take my CVA exam and I could not even make it through reading one multiple choice question without forgetting what the first part of the question said.  I ended up re-reading each question 3 times and then going back after I was done and re-reading each question again just in case (thankfully I passed!).  I just thought I was on study overload, but at the very end of the test when I stood up my breasts hurt a bit.  So I went home and took a pregnancy test...sure enough - 2 lines.  We had stopped fertility treatments for that month b/c I was going to be so busy with school and this exam that I couldn't deal with feeling sick from the clomid and progesterone...I hadn't even realized I was right at 28 days!  

More than embarassing pregnancy brain has just been frustrating for me.  I have had a lot of trouble with grad school paper writing and even issues remembering things at work.  The most frustrating thing though is when I get up, exhausted already, and walk somewhere only to find out that I didn't bring with me whatever it was I needed to bring there... then, after walking back to get that thing I forget where I was trying to take it in the first place!
duckymommy- I do the EXACT same thing. Ppl just look at me like "are you crazy?" It's so frustrating> i'm a substance abuse counselor and rely on my ability to speak clearly and efficiently and lately, that's quite the struggle. I also find i'm out of breath when I talk. Not every day but some days. What's that about??
I also am in the 2ww but i have started feeling nauseas and tired plus my brain is like goo.  yesterday i went into subway and as soon as she said hello I said I would like a large sub with a coke.  The lady just looked at me I was so embarrassed.
Not really a pregnancy brian things besides the fact i was convinced he wet the bed.

i have really bad sweaty spells when i sleep and my boyfriend cuddles.  Usually the small of my back.  Well i woke up to use the restroom and the bed was wet my tshirt was soaked.  So i went to the bathroom and came back in and my boyfriend had already woke up.  I was convinced someone peed but i knew it wasn't me because only the back of my t-shirt/dress thing was wet and all of my back was so with him with a different part then mine my back would have gotten wet.  No one could convince me other wise until the other night where i woke up and my back was sweaty again.  

i never realized i could sweat so much! It is kind of disturbing to know i can/did.
bioclock- I get breathless when I talk a lot, too! It's common during pregnancy. It was really bad my last pregnancy, toward the end. Not so bad this time around, though. Your uterus and other organs are squishing your diaphragm and lungs.