Pregnancy 18-24 Community
OT:quilt hanging

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

OT:quilt hanging

How can i hang my son's quilt that goes with his bedding on the wall without putting any kind of holes in it? i really wouldnt like to permanently sew anything to it either because i want him to eventually be able to use it as a blanket in his bed...i dont plan on it being a wall decoration forever...just right now while he's little. i was going to just hang it over the side of the crib because i have a wall quote for above his crib but i just found out that we're going to be relocating to a new town because of DF's work during the first week in June and i dont want to stick anything like wall decals up until we get in the new place...but i still wanted it to look all spiffy for him for his first month here...so i want to hang the quilt! but i dont know how! ive thought of quilt clips...but what store sells them?! i really dont have time to order anything offline id like to go buy the supplies and hang it ...today! I'm sure one of ya'll out there has done this before....so lemme know!!
I have never hung one before but I know that you can get the supplies to hang one at any craft supply store. I think that you won't need to put holes or anything in the blanket to hang them... If you can't find it on your own then you can always ask one of the clerks to help you with ideas. You can always take large safety pins and some pretty fabric and pin it together so it is easy to remove and leaves no stitches in the quilt. I am sorry to hear about you moving. I will be doing the same the month that my baby is due =) Gotta love the chaos.
I know that when I had the precious moments nursery bedding they had hooks made just for hanging the quilt.  You nailed the "clips" to the wall and then clipped the to it.  I'm sure they make them in all different styles and colors that would go with your decor as well.  I found all kinds of different ones on ebay...

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=Nursery+Bedding+quilt+hangers
I think im gonna run down to Michael's and see if they can help me out...otherwise i will resort to Losing's idea and just order some clips off ebay...but i want it hung now dang it!! im nesting and really feel like i NEED to do this haha...right now!
LOL.  Michaels is a good idea.