Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Omg, I was so scared.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Omg, I was so scared.

Just a little vent cause I still can't get it off my mind.. I  was walking down the stairs and I put my foot on the step wrong and my feet and legs flew out from under me, causing me to fall down the stairs. I was so scared, all I thought about was my baby girl (I'm almost 38 weeks). I fell down the steps and thankfully only hit my butt, legs, and back, and NOT my stomach. But as soon as I had hit that last step and stopped falling I burst into tears, I don't even remember ever being that scared before. Also to make matters worse I had to pee.. so when I hit that last step.. my bladder let go and I pissed myself... (lol yay to being pregnant). Scariest moment ever, so happy I didnt hit my stomach or anything..

This or anything like this, happen to anyone else? How'd you react.
I haven't, but I am glad you and your baby are perfectly fine :)
I'm 33wks and all I keep doing is accidentally having doors hit my belly :/
Yeah i'm glad too thanks!

Yeah i accidentally have doors and chairs hitting my stomach too! Always makes me nervous. The doctor said that since they are sitting in fluid that getting hit by those things doesnt hurt them, unless we got hit hard enough of course.. lol. I'm a ftm, and nervous-nelly so I always panic anyways.. lol
when I was about 30 weeks with my first I fell off our porch on all fours.
You landed on all fours? Did everything turn out okay? Omg. I would have been so scared.
I'm a gym also and I flip on alot of stuff that I shouldn't. So your not the only  one :)
Yeah my app was within a couple of days and the baby didn't move as much but I still felt her so I just told my doc and they did an ultrasound and she was fine.
My mum said she was a week late with me and fell top to bottom on her front. She was shook up but I was fine nearly 21years later. I think the hospital put her on a monitor for an hour but that's only because she was being induced anyway.
I think you should b checked because last time i went to the ER they asked me if i had fall .. i think that if they asked me was for a readon nof to make you scared..
Oh me girl it was winter i was 37 weeks my daughter was born jan 7 at 39 weeks but anyway at 37weeks was off to an appointment stopped at the gas station so my father inlaw could get gas and i got a sandwich well on the way out i slipped it was snowing i cought  myself twice the third time i wasnt so lucky i fell and i landed on my baby girl i was sooo scared thank god i was on the way to the doctors anyway so i got to the doctors and she wasnt moving n couldn't find her heart beat at first she got push farther back so they couldnt get it took her 5 hours before she moved then i got sent home took my husband 6 hours to get home from a 2 hour drive cause of all the snow but they are well hidden in there as long as baby is moving things should  be ok but give the doctor a call to let them know u fell
Cheeky: Well at least you were ok! Lol If I had fallen on my front I would have been to the hospital before I could blink I would have been freaking out so badly.

Bubuh: Thankfully I have my weekly doctors appointment today so I'm going to have him check everything! I'm almost 38 weeks.. last week I was 2cm, 70%.. Hoping i'm farther along today! I know a natural way to induce is by bouncing or bumpy car rides ;) Maybe this helped her a long a little bit.. Think positives! lol :P

JewelzD: Oh my god! My heart would have dropped if they couldn't hear her heart beat? I would have burst into tears - again. lol. Thank god she was ok. Yeah I almost had a really bad fall at our grocery store they decided to leave water all over the floor by the self-check out lane.... Yeah.. clumsy pregnant person doesnt see it and I slip, thankfully my swinging arms caught on to something before I fell. My heroic boyfriend went up to a worker who was standing 10 ft away doing nothing, and yelled at them! They acted like they didnt care. They're lucky I didnt fall. law suit! lol. Yeah she's still moving.. she's been slowing down on movement a lot this week in general and so have any contractions I've been having.. Its been real annoying..
(Lol I feel like I just wrote a book. lol. This is what happens when I get taken off work.. I get bored... sigh, I hate maternity leave!)
Weird thing I read this post earlier this morning....thinking Omg I hope this doesn't happen to me. Guess what happen 10th mins ago....I fell down the stairs. Thank god I landed on my butt....but I haven't felt her move yet and I'm scaried
I didn't fall but the other day I was really cold and we have a wood stove and I went up to it and lifted my shirt and burnt my bell right next to my belly button I smell Burt hair and heard my skin sizzle. I turned and looked at my husband and burst in to tears. Its funny now but u have a nasty mark on my belly that looks so awful
I fell down 3 steps couple weeks ago wouldn't ya know it was cuz I had a stupid cramp in my calf and was trying not to put weight on it! I burst into tears but didn't hit anything other than my butt. She still seems to be doing fine! Scared crap outta me too.
Peaches: Oh i'm sorry! :( Yeah its really scary, drink some cold water and maybe eat something sugary then lay on your left side! If you dont feel any movement i'd call the doctor

Libbyz: That still be just as horrifying.. I'd be like, OMG did the baby feel it? Is she hurt to? Do you think it could effect her.. I'd have a million things running through my mind. Ouch I hate being burned.

Jwilliams: God us pregnant women are clusmy aren't we. lol.
BTW! I went to the doctors yesterday, baby is fine.. heartbeat/rate 150-152.. And I went from 2cm dilated to 2.5cm.. lol So i'm happy i'm still continuing to dilate.. I really dont want to get induced. I think I'll be going into labor sometimes this next week. I'm hoping thanksgiving dinner will pop her out. We need room for one or the other! lol :P
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers