Pregnancy 18-24 Community
On bedrest with no help?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

On bedrest with no help?

Ok..i am 33 weeks as of yesterday. I have 2 other children at home a 3 year old and a 15 month old. My husband does not work, he is on disability, so he is always home with me. Anyway, my doc put me on bedrest because of preterm labor. I am already on 17p injections to help prolong the pregnancy. I am only supposed to be up for bathroom and showers.  I will be taken off bedrest in 2 weeks. My problem is my husband still wont get up with myt daughter when she wakes up in morning or even in the middle of the night.  When he gets up in the morning he is more worried about himself eating(he is diabetic) that he will let my daughter scream in her crib or let my son cry cause they are hungry too. It only takes 2 minutes if that to pour a bowl of cereal or put her in her high chair with a banana, right? Like today, he fixed himself a steak for lunch, didnt ask if i was hungry and left my daughter screaming and crying at the kitchen gate...she was hungry,,,he sat down and proceeded to eat and let both kids just sit there. My nurse that comes once a week to give my shots even told him he needs to let me rest. I still have to do laundry and dishes cause he wont do it and when they get piled up he throws a fit about stuff needing to be done and then yells at me because i am mot doing what i am supposed to be doing. If he worked i could understand him not wanting to help, but he sits at home too. He also has children from a previous marriage that play baseball and always need rides to games and practices...he cant drive so he expects me to do it all. how do i get it through his head i need his help...he needs to do more..i do not want a baby in nicu...but he just doesnt seem to care...how can i get him to help me more?
Um have you tried sitting him down and telling him how you feel about it. From what you describe it sounds like he's not pulling his weight at all. What are you going to do when the baby is born? Take care of everyone and everything? Maybe you guys just need to have a heart to heart and he can tell you why he thinks he doesn't need to take care of his own hungry child. There must be a way to get everyone fed at the same time without putting himself at risk. So often when it comes to stuff like this with husbands they have no clue how upset we are or how much we need them.
yeah...he knows how i feel..but he just dont care..i've been thinking about having my doc admit me for a few days for rest. she said she could so i might, then he will be here by himself with the kids and no vehicle, no where to go and see how he likes doing everything himself.