Pregnancy 18-24 Community
PCOS???? Pregnancy Possible??????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

PCOS???? Pregnancy Possible??????

Hi! I really need some advice and re-assurance. I just got diagnosed with PCOS. Which was a complete shock to me! I have just did my first round of Clomid 50mg and went for an ultrasound yesterday on CD 14, for them to tell me it didn't work and that I have PCOS. Um, WHAT??? I mean, my periods have never been regular, but I don't have any of the other charateristics of PCOS, no facial hair, acne, i'm not over weight But I could stand to lose a couple pounds! LOL! ....Just seems odd. But the doctor said my by my ultrasound, I do. And my follice scan - not one has matured and the longest follice measured at 6. So, he gave me Clomid 100mgs to try next month. I guess, I just need to be reassured that women can get pregnant with PCOS and it's not completley hopeless. That's how i'm feeling right now. I mean, i'm 32 years old...I just wish I would have found all this out when I was younger. My husband has been very supportive, I just feel terrible, I haven't got pregnant yet. We've been trying for about a year and half. Anyway - any stories or advice regarding PCOS would be awesome. I'm just feeling crazy mixed emotions right now, and need to know that pregnancy is possible???? Thank you guys! I love this forum!!!!
Hi I have PSOS. I have always had very irregular periods and slight acne. My hormones are always all over the place and at times it can be depressing. I have the cysts on just my right ovary! My friend has the same and is trying to conceive. She has been prescribed a drug to help her ovulate each month (sorry I'm unsure of the name) she already has one little girl who is 4 years old.. Beautiful girl. I am 29 and she is 34. There is hope out there. I'm married and want to start a family too. I hope this is some help for you. :)
Thank you so much for sharing Erie121. I appreciate it! It gives me a little hope!!! Good luck to you starting a family!!!! :)
It's very possible to still get pregnant with PCOS. If you've not seen it already, there's a forum for women who have PCOS, and they would be able to give you lots of advice and their stories. Just remember PCOS is really common, and affects a large number of women, and they get pregnant everyday. It just might take a little bit longer. Good luck TTC!!!
Hi!  I'm 31 and I have pcos.  I have 2 children (7yrs, and 2yrs) and am pregnant with my third.  I  would strongly suggest if you are trying to concieve (conceive) that you should see a reproductive endocrinologist.  I went through 3.5 years of infertility treatments to get preg with my 2nd child.  It was during that time that I was diagnosed.  It takes more than an ultrasound to diagnose pcos so if you question it, don't be afraid to see a specialist and get a second opinion.  You can get pregnant...you will just probably need extra help.  Good luck!
Hi I also have psco too... My dr put me on metformin 2000mg a day and I have my period every month and when I was trying to get preg he put me on clomid 50mg... So I would take my metformin + clomid.... Look up metformin on the internet and It will tell u that this drug is used for women with psco... It worked for me I have 5 kids now trying for my 6th... My husband and I have one daughter together and want to have other one. Oh and I dont have any signs of psco either no hair on my face and no ance it just showed up on my ultrasound... My sister has it too not signs with her except ultrasound.. I thought I was the only one out there with psco until I found this web site.. Hope this was helpful.. I would get a hold of the dr and have him put u on metformin... It took about a month for it to work but like I said I have my period every month and Im ovlateing... good luck... Let me know how things go for u... Good luck !!
I also have PCOS and had a baby in October 2009.

You don't have to have all of the classic symptoms of PCOS to be diagnosed. So long as you have clusters of immature follicles on your ovary/ies (polycystic) then you will be diagnosed.

I would also recommend Metformin (start off SLOW, maybe 100 mg and slowly work your way up) and exercise.
I have PCOS and I am 16 weeks pregnant I also didn't have acne or facial hair and for sure not over weight same with my cousin. She tried for years w fertility treatment with no luck, I tried for 34 months and am finally pregnant. I am 27 years old.

It is possible to get pregnant many women do!  The winning combo for me was 50mg Clomid, ovadriel injection to make me ovulate and back to back IUI 12hrs after ovadriel :).

Good luck!
Thank you ladies!!! I've been doing a lot of reading on PCOS - and I'm going to call my doctor and ask him about Metformin - because right now, i'm just i'm clomid. He wants me to try Clomid 100mg's next month.  Maybe just to see if my follicles are maturing or responding to the Clomid....Not sure - but thanks so much for the advice and hope!! I so appreciate it!!!!  :-)