Pregnancy 18-24 Community
PLease heLP

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

PLease heLP

When I had my first ultrasound I was 7 weeks 4 days and all I saw was a sac I went back at 11 weeks 4 days doctor couldn't see anything so she scheduled me for a vaginal ultrasound I had one when I thought I was 12 weeks 1 day but the ultrasound tech said the baby measured at only 8 week 3 days and the doctor said there was no heartbeat and no fetal activity my question is can my dates be wrong because wouldn't I be able to see a little baby at 7 weeks 4 days so she offer my a d&c or wait two weeks to go back for another ultrasound I wanted to wait is there anyone else who has went thru the samething and everything went alrite I am trying to have hope thAt everything will be alrite but it's just so hard any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Ooooh and I haven't been cramping or bleeding so I am really confused
Even if the baby was measuring only 8 weeks instead of 12 there should have been a heart rate visible. Also, the baby should have progressed more since babies dont start developing at their own rate until 13 weeks. It sounds to me like a missed miscarriage. I had one during my first pregnancy where I was supposed to be 9 weeks but the baby only measured 6 weeks, For whatever reason my body didnt miscarry on its own and I had to have a D&C. I would maybe contact your doctor to see if you can get another ultrasound to be sure but it doesn't sound good. I'm so sorry you are going through this.
Yea I have to call her tomorrow she is scheduling me another vaginal ultrasound to confirm and about the d&c did it hurt or what should I expect because she is scheduling that next did you lose some of your symptoms???
They put you under for the D&C so it doesn't really hurt, you just have some discomfort and bleeding for a week or so afterwords. Your doctor should prescribe you some type of pain killer as well.  I didn't loose any of my pregnancy symptoms that I had at the time since I hadn't actually miscarried. Symptoms are caused by hcg which is the pregnancy hormone and while the fetus is still in you, you'll still continue to have mild symptoms.