Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Pain in Right Leg & Pelvis-36 Weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Pain in Right Leg & Pelvis-36 Weeks

Has anyone had pain in their legs at all? It started this past week...I would be sitting down watching TV, I'd get up a little while later and my right leg would hurt. But as soon as I started to walk, I would just walk it off. It started happening every night. Than all of a sudden last night when I went to bed...I had pain on the right side of my groin going into the upper part of my leg...painful. I would try and turn over in bed and I couldn't do it, it hurt too bad. Or it would take me 5 minutes to do it. I'd get up to pee and it would hurt to try and move my right leg. Than today it got worse, it hurts to walk, stand on my right leg..get up, sit down...I dont know whats going on! It seems to be in the upper part of my right lef moving over the groin. I think his head is in position because I think I can feel it!!
Last night was the same...once I am in position, I am fine and it feels fine. The second I go to move my right leg or if I move my left leg and it strains my right leg, it kills! I have to physically pull my right leg where I want it to go. Than getting out of bed to pee, FORGET IT..takes like 5 minutes and it hurts so bad! Today it feels like I have a rock in my vagina...and when I go to sit up and sit down it hurts and there's a lot of pressure and I get kinda dizzy. When I am sitting I can feel it but its not painful. And what I dont get is, its my right leg and still is but its also my entire pelvic area too...which makes my mom think his head is down there and he's sitting on a nerve. I just hope its not anything serious.
My doctors appointment is tomorrow so I'm sure I'll find out then, maybe even get an U/S..but until then its quite painful and I don't know what to think. I'm trying not to worry but I can't help it!
Anyone experiencing this?? Or has anyone experienced this? Any advice?
Gina...wish I had some advice for you...perhaps you can call the on-call doctor?

It does sound like some kind of nerve pain...Hang in there!
well Gina  i had the same pain u are  desricbing when i was pregnant with my son   it started around the  36-37 week mark i  couldnt  walk or sit  stnad anything  wiht out  feeling like my leg was  going to  fall off and  ihad horrible pressure in  mr groin and pelvis . My doc  said it was  cause of  where  my son was sitting he  dropped and  caused all this  pain.  It doesn hurt to  call and ask   the  on call  doc though .  I going through  the  similar thing now  and i am   jsut about 33 wks  with baby  number three. Hasnt gotten that  bad yet but i  cant  get out of bed or move in  bed with  out almost  coming to tears. So  talkto the  doc about it at ur  appointment if u dont call the  on call  doc  and try to hang in there not to much longer
What did the doctor do for you?? Are they going to make me stick it out for 4 weeks?? My mom said they might try and turn him...but what if that doesn't work? I honestly dont think I can do 4 weeks of this pain, its really bad and not allowing me to do anything!

When did you go into labor with your son? Was it long after you started feeling like this?
OMG you're 36 weeks ALREADY?!?!?!?!  It seems like just yesterday you posted about your BFP and were asking what creative way you could tell your hubby.  Man, where did the time go?  Geeez....I guess i need to get on here more often LOL.  

I had all kinds of aches and pains at the ends of my pregnancies.  Unfortunately its not somethingI've found a cure for other than waiting it out.  The last few weeks are usually the hardest....so close, yet so far.  But, from experience it will be over before you know it and you'll have more important things to thing about/tend to :)
Am having thge same leg pains in my upper thigh and its hurts like hell. And pain also in my pubic area(sorry) like pressure. Hurts to move at night when I'm laying down. I have a 3 yr old son and had no pains with him so this is all new to me. Any advice?