Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Pink blood when I wipe!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Pink blood when I wipe!!

Im 6wks 4 days pregnant. I woke up this morning to pee and when I wiped there was pink blood on the tissue. Im so scared!! I don't even want to go to work. What should I do? My dr told me that brown spotting was normal and I hate to go in again, but Im scared. I put on a panty liner to try to keep track of it. Anyone have any advice?
Tags: spotting
I would call your dr -- but some bleeding is common in early pregnancy as long as it is not bright red and can fill a pad in an hour... good luck. Try not to worry.
Like Melka said it CAN be normal  If you are not experiencing any cramping or passing clots that's a good sign.  Definately call your doc tho.
I would not go to work, You should stay home and keep Your feet elevated. It is not worth the risk and Yours and babys health is more important than going into work for a day.
Pink spotting can be normal but it can also be a sign of either a threatened abortion (miscarriage) or a miscarriage. Stay home and relax
Brown spotting is normal? That's weird cuz when I was getting brown spots I read on multiple sites that it can lead to m/c. I spotted brown spots a few days before my m/c.
I would call your doctor and stay lieing down. I don't know if lieing down helps once the body already knows it's m/c but I was told to lie down and not move. Although I was freaked out and drove to the doctors when I started to bleed. It was too late.

But hey i'm pregnant again now!! So don't worry, blood can be normal in many pregnancies, however if you do m/c it won't stop you from having another healthy pregnancy. Good luck I pray for you!
I had bright pink/red spotting at 7wks with this pregnancy and it was from an unidentified source. I'm now 31wks with the same pregnancy and no major problems to date. I did spot again at 12wks from an irritated cervix....but I was terrified I was m/cing the first time with the bright blood because I miscarried before I was pregnant with my daughter...and I was totally prepared to lose the baby...but he's still in there and kicking so hard right now it HURTS. Just hang in there and see what happens...my spotting stopped pretty fast, so I would say if you continue spotting maybe go in and get an ultrasound just to see if they can tell you what's going on.
brown spotting isn't always normal, brown spotting (in some cases) can be just as bad as red.  I know from personal experience, I had brown spotting and a few days later found out I had a missed miscarriage.  I would have gone 3 weeks with out knowing if I didn't set up the apt with my dr.

Don't take any spotting lightly, call your dr and let them know.  Since your only about 6 weeks they may want to monitor your hCG levels or just do a quick exam and ultrasound.  It's always better to make sure your dr know's whats going on and regardless of how bad you feel about bothering your dr you need to call them.

I hope everything is ok, keep us posted!
I am 8 weeks 2mora slight cramping but not bad bright red blood not loads onlu whn I wipe what does this mean midwife said on phone to worry
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers