Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Pink spotting at 7 weeks pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Pink spotting at 7 weeks pregnant?

Today I noticed a quite a bit of bright pink spotting when I went to the bathroom. This is TMI but I did have a BM earlier today (and I have been rather constipated). Could this have caused it? I also had a bit of pink than brown spotting a few days ago as well but it seemed to have stopped yesterday. Should I be concerned? I'm having a bit of cramping but no worse than normal.

Spotting and cramping in Early Preganancy is very normal. If the bleeding is a bright red or you are in alot of pain i would go to the A&E just to be on the safe side so they can check your HCG and cervix to see if its open or closed.
Constipation can also cause bleeding as the bowl is full it rubs on the cervix now your cervix is very tempremental and doesnt like being moved so it can be quite possible.

Good luck and  i will keep you in my thoughts

As amy stated, bleeding during early pregnancy can be completely normal, but if continues or if it gets worse, I'd go get checked out, it could even be the baby borrowing deeper into the lining, not implantation bleeding, but similar to it. I had the same thing happen at 7weeks with both or my pregnancy. But like I said, if its still happening in the morning or if it gets worse, it can't hurt to get checked.
I had spotting as well. I had bright red blood at times. I actually had it from a simple sneeze! It popped a tiny blood vessel on my cervix and it caused bleeding. Its very possible that your bm is the cause. As long as you are not having constant red bleeding things are fine.
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers