Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Pissed!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Pissed!

I specifilaly told everyone that are absolutely not allowed to buy Anythig for the baby until we hear a heart beat and his mother said today she is buying stuff I am so mad we the parents should buy the first thing I wont allow my own mother to buy anything and his mother thinks Its funny I refuse to take Anythig from her And I am so mad we won't have bought the first thing not to mention I'm only  6 weeks and a lot could still go wrong ! Ugh anyone else have this problem I am soo mad!
What does it matter who buys the first thing? I think there are worse things to get mad at to be fair. I can understand you being upset if you didn't want anyone to buy anything I'm case of jinxing anything, but not because you haven't bought the first thing.
I didn't want anything bought b/c I had had a m/c before but no one listened. They haven't bought a lot of stuff a blanket an outfit and baby bullet. They were excited so I didn't get angry lol. I know they love it as much as I do.
Im 36 weeks and only bought 2 things for my child because I had baby showers.. I don't think its that important to be the 1st to buy ur child something as a parent.. that's just what I think I would be mad2 if u told them not to buy anything just try and stay positive don't think anything will go wrong.
That makes sense then. I would say if they insist on buying stuff against your wishes, then to not tell you! Some family just can't help it... Like you said they are excited!
I just specifically asked thy wait until we at least hear a heart beat a mc is devistating enough buy when you have baby things it will be even worse I just wish she would have Waited until we gave the ok
It's really not about the first thing but if spmethig goes wrong it would be even worse
I asked my mom not to tell anyone I was pregnant and she told EVERYONE. I was beyond mad! So I know how you feel. I didn't talk to her for a few weeks but eventually had to just get over it. It ***** that family or your other halfs family can't/won't respect your wishes because they just don't care about anyone but themselves. I'd just throw whatever she buys away. I'm 23 weeks now and just laugh at how angry I got, but it's a lot on your hormones too.
I feel like I'm being a brat but I'm just scared of a complication and then I'll have baby things there constantly reminding me
I am 16 weeks and I still tell people when they buy stuff they have to keep it at their house until we are absolutely sure I will be able to keep this one.  They understand. Just be honest how you feel.  
Just dont take any stuff for the baby until you feel comfortable. Some people just get excited and thats how they show love. Not really a reson to get real mad at them.
Now that you clarified, yes I agree I would be mad too. No one kill me over this, but for a while I was considering an abortion. My dad wanted me to come over for christmas and the whole way there I was thinking "I REALLY hope he didn't buy any baby things, it would be so heartbreaking.." I got there and he bought bottles, washcloths, pacifiers, blanket etc. I cried. I am keeping the baby now but still. it made it that much harder. Just try not to let it get to you, stay healthy and hope for the best.
I totally agree, I asked everyone in my family and my husbands family not to buy anything till I was 12 or 13 weeks, after the first trimester bc of the same reason.
The way your talking is kinda crazy personally..i am 30 weeks and haven't got my son a thing..because I'm waiting for the baby showers..they are just happy..and if it was me i wouldn't turn down any free things..just have them wait until your baby shower to give it to you..nothing wrong with them wanting to help,,i wish my family would have been able to do that kind of thing..i understand your afraid of another mc but that could happen regardless if they get things or not..and if is stuff you don't want it graciously take it,, and sell it later on. Good luck with your pregnancy i hope all is well with you and your precious baby:)
Now I see both sides of this I'm pregnant n I felt the same way I wanted to buy the first things jus cause I'm like that with everything... Nd i am high risk nd don't want anyone buying stuff nd seeing it or having then take it back. It's heartbreaking. Now on the other hand I also see the excitement of myself finding out my brothers gf is pregnant with my niece. So I also pick up aunt things for them when I find them. I didn't give them to them yet cause I don't wanna step on any toes as far as that goes. I look at it this way if I want to be the first to buy something for my baby then I will make sure I do. That's my right. If others buy stuff especially after askin them not to I am the type of person who won't accept it or ill take it back. I dont feel you're being a baby or selfish about it. It's your baby. Your choices. Nd nobody has the right to tell you otherwise. That's the joy of being a mommy. At least that's how it works in my home nd life. Luckily I can say I've been very fortunate to have help as well a s the respect from family nd friends to allow my fiancée nd I to purchase the baby's first outfit nd such. Once I got that done idc what they buy. Hope this helps.
I got so pissed @ my aunt for buying baby things before I did it made me feel like a bad mom idk why probably  hormones but gosh moms and aunts and grandma like to step on toes sometimes you just want them to respect what you say and ask of them
I am very picky I like things my way I like patterns routine consistency (bratty but always have been) my side knows this and are respecting it it just infuriates me that she laughs and says hahah I'm still buying stuff like its a joke she had a still born and should know exactly where i am coming from he told her if she does go behind our back dont tell us or show us. My brother already has a carseat picked out but I won't let him buy it until I give him the ok and he knows this and respects it. Assuming I'm not sick all today we are going to the store I may get a blanket or stuffed animal maybe maybe an outfit but we meet our midwife Monday and if she gives the everythin looks good then I'll allow people to tell. Thats the thing ppl aren't even allowed to tell yet to be safe and she is going and buying things and to top it off she laughs like its soo funny that I want to wait makes me so mad!