Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Please help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Please help!

I had my first ultrasound 7*21. My last period was May 11, which would put me at 10 w 1day. When the ultrasound started, there was no fetal pole, or heartbeat. Just a yolk sac. Due to the measurements, it said I was only 6w and 3 days. This just doesn't make since to me. They couldn't tell if I was going to miscarry or if my dates were just off. I just don't see how the dates could be off when i am so sure of them. I'm completely devastated...I just don't know how to handle this. I have another ultrasound scheduled for Aug 3, to see if there is anything there. I had light (brown) spotting last night, but very minimal. No pain or cramping. I still feel very pregnant. What should I do??
Well hon, there isn't much you can do if you are going to miscarry. Try to relax and put your feet up and drink plenty of fluids to remain from getting dehydrated. Try to tell yourself now just in case you do miscarry that there isn't anything different you can do. I had a similar situation but they could visually see the baby still there. I was by dates 3.5 months along on my first ultrasound. My second u/s the baby only measured 8 weeks. However, we weren't positive on the dates because I have PCOS causing periods to skip. I too was very devastated. We lost our little one two weeks after that appointment and had to undergo a D&C surgery because baby would not come out naturally. I know the heartache and disappointment that goes with losing a little one and I'm praying that yours turns out just fine. Try to stay relaxed though because stressing about it will cause you to loose a baby. Best of luck!!
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers