Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Positive HPT & Ovary Pain...Any Advise?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Positive HPT & Ovary Pain...Any Advise?

Last Wed (10DPO) I took an HPT and found out I am pregnant. However, ever since about CD 8 or so I have been experiencing some mild but intermittent/constant pain in my left ovary. I am going to call the doctor on Tuesday to schedule my first prenatal appointment and will let them know my issue then. In the meantime I am wondering if anyone had any advise on this subject.

Thank you.
Hmmmmm... I think this could mean many things. Many women get ovulation pains early on (which definitely makes your ovaries hurt) and it lasts for some long after the positive pregnancy test. I wouldn't worry about ectopic (but it never hurts to have it checked out) because the baby would be too small to be causing any pain. I am not sure what would be the best course of action to solve the ovary pain but I am sure if you ask a nurse when you call to set up your prenatal appointment they should be able to give you some advice on how to ease the pain! Congrats on the new pregnancy!
It's sounds like a corpus luteum cyst.  This is a cyst the develops on the follicle that released the egg.  Once the egg is fertilized and implants this cyst is what produces the hormones estrogen and progesterone to prepare the body for pregnancy.  Most often these will resolve themselves during early pregnancy. They don't always cuase symptoms but for some women they can cause discomfort/pain.  

I'm on my 8th pregnancy and this was the first time I felt pain from a CLC.  When I told my doctor about the sharp pains I was having on my right side he simply said "that's just cyst pain"  but by 12 weeks the pains were gone and now I only have the normal ligament pains.  

When you have your first ultrasound, mention to the doc that you've been having those pains, they can usually tell if you have a CLC on the ultrasound.  I don't think you have anything to worry about, what you have described sounds completely normal to me.  

I do agree with nickie that it's most likely not an indication of en ectopic becuase you aren't far enough along for that to cause pain.  
Yes, I agree with LosingMyMindInGA. I have a similar kind of throb/ache on my right ovary. I was told it was the Corpus Luteum cyst as well.

Good Lcuk!
Thanks SO much ladies. You have been a BIG help!! It was really comforting to ready your responses and has definitely set my mind at ease till I can call my doc, which is something I needed on this long weekend. Have a great Mem Day!
You're welcome, and same to you!!