Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Post partume depression

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Post partume depression

Ppd while still pregnant ?

by Msme3, 36 minutes
I'm not sure if this is possible but I'm 32 weeks pregnant and I already feel the ppd kicking in! This is my third pregnancy. With my first I had some baby blues but was okay after a while with my second I had ppd which also gave me anxiety attacks and I was slightly OCD it was really bad so bad that I didn't want n e more kids cus I don't know if I can make it through that again! N despite my efforts to not get pregnant here I am again! It all started about three days ago! It's not a hormone pregnancy thing I can feel the same anxiety depression and panic that I did after my 2nd. I don't want to take meds while pregnant I know I only have a few more weeks to go but weeks seem like years when u feel like this! I just don't know what to do!
I posted this in the ppd forum but it's not active! And seems like all the may mommys stay in this forum then the may forum. No wonder everyone post in the wrong  forums.
You should definitely speak to ur ob about this.  I noticed with number 3 I began to gave issues before the baby was born. (I had some ppd with number 2) I waited it out till after baby was born and did some natural things to help.(added a calcium and vitamin d supplement and 20 minutes of exercise 3x weekly) while I waited it out I tried to be as relaxed and stress free as possible and dh even helped out.  Good luck to u.
Oh I have. I just don't want to be on pils while pregnant. And my husband is in the military so we have no friends or family here to help out and getting out isn't much help. I am due 4 days after we move again cross country (no family there either). I'm sure I will have to be on something before I leave the hospital. I just can't stand when people say go for a walk or do something for u! First of all it's not easy I don't even have a sitter for when I go in labor! And second of all would you (not u per say) tell a cancer patient to
walk it off? Of course not! This is a real problem and I am just overwhelmed that it's happening to me while I'm still pregnant! I thought I had time to medicate and avoid!
No friends and family around makes it so much harder.  How old are your other kids?  If they aren't school age yet maybe you could put them in mothers day out or something so you could d-stress a little.  Are you getting enough rest at night?  I noticed when I didn't it made things worse. I wish I had some better solutions. I am sorry you are dealing with this.