Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Postinor-2

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Postinor-2

Hello. I would like to get some opinion on this. My period for September was on the 15th-18th of September. Then I had unprotected sex on the 18th and took Postinor-2 immediately (within an hour). I experienced fatigue, nausea and vomited on the 4th day after consumption of the Postinor-2. Furthermore, I experienced bleeding on 25th September for about 3 days. Then I had unprotected sex on October 5th and took Postinor-2 within 12 hours. Fatigue, and also vomited the next day (not within 2 hours). I think my period should arrive around the 15th October right? But it's not here yet. And also, I've been experiencing breast tenderness since 11th October. I usually do have breast tenderness before my period begins, but usually only 2-3 days before it starts. I had unprotected sex again on the 15th October and took Postinor-2 within 12 hours as well. Breast is still tender. So is there anything I should be alarmed of, say, possibility of pregnancy?

I know that Postinor-2 is not supposed to be consumed frequently, but is it true that the maximum dosage is twice per month? Did I misinterpret it? Thank you for your help.
A message from the manufacturer:

"Side effects of Postinor-2 can include some nausea that may lead to vomiting, although most women experience only a short period of nausea after the first dose. Fatigue, dizziness, and tender breasts may also result from taking Postinor-2. Generally, these effects will be mild and will fade within a few days. In a very few women, the next period may be unusual. Any changes in menstrual bleeding, or increases in pain from the normal period should be reported to a doctor immediately."

Also, it's not advisable to regularly take the morning after pill or emergency contraception pill after every encounter of unprotected sex as it can have various long-term effects on your cycle and reproductive ability.  If you're taking Postinor-2 every week, or even every month, then see your physician and go on birth control and use condoms as a method of contraception.  If your taking Postinor-2 up to five times year in separate cycles, this is considered safe. Anything more, get birth control or use condoms.
Thank you for the reply. Yes, I am considering birth control pills soon. It's just worrying me that these apparent side effects are actually side effects and not indication of pregnancy :( Especially when I can't do a pregnancy test yet because most sites recommend testing after 3 weeks' time.