Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Potential *Cryptic* Pregnancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Potential *Cryptic* Pregnancy?

I'm a 21 year old woman (22 on July 30th). My periods have.always been irregular but NEVER this off. I have not had a period since December 2012! Every month I have taken an at home test which.has negative results, but I have read that 1 out of every 2000 women don't produce enough hcg to get a positive (both home and blood). I could just be hoping I'm pregnant because I don't want something to be wrong with me. I'm so scared right now. I'm in a very strong committed relationship with my future husband/ soulmate who is nothing but supportive. We both have jobs and our own place as well and though we were not expecting a pregnancy we both welcome it with open arms and hearts.

I'm an overweight woman, so I don't know if I can feel a baby in me or not, I try to sit still at work and sometimes I think I can feel movement but I'm just not positive *sigh*. Is there anyone out there that is either going through this or has gone through something similar? We will be finding out either this weekend or in 3 days... I'm not religious, more spiritual than anything but could you 'pray' this is really a pregnancy and not.... Something horrible?
You may be pregnant. My mom has had irregular periods her whole life. She's older of course. She only gets them like every other month sometimes. A couple years ago, her period wasn't coming and thought it was normal, but nope she was pregnant with my little sister. She was 32 at the moment.I hope everything works out for you && both you and your significant other get what you're looking for.
you could always go get an ultrasound.
You would already be in you're third trimester if you were pregnant.. I would think the baby would be kicking enough that you would be able to feel it overweight woman do feel the baby later usually but they still feel it..  why haven't you got checked out sooner??? If you're overweight you could also have polycistic ovarian syndrome and that could cause missed periods.  And getting a negative on a hpt is very uncommon... like you said 1 in every 2000 woman... I wouldn't think something serious is wrong! It could just be a thyroid issue or PCOS or whacky hormones.. its happened to me and I wasnt pregnant.  
I just realized that you said December if 2012. That's when I conceived and I am 33 and 3 days. You definitely know by now
I would go to your dr and tell them your concerns. Despite the odds it is possible to not feel a baby at 30+ weeks, and could happen for numerous reasons like an anterior (front) placenta. A very good friend of mine had a baby boy at 8months without having any typical pregnancy symptoms, and after testing negative on pregnancy tests the whole time.
Request a blood test or an ultrasound from your dr to be sure, and tell them about whats been going on anyway. If you arent pregnant its still not a good thing to have your period absolutely stop for no reason.
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers