Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Pre eclampsia ??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Pre eclampsia ??

Hey ive jsut got back from the hospital, as i went to the dr's this morning and my blood pressure was 150/92 i also had + 1 protein in my urine, i am 28 weeks pregnant and all weekend i was quite breathless with palpatations, also visual disturbances hence why i went to the dr's. I am also showing glucose +1 and keytones +2 (not sure what this is) they have sent me home to be monitored in the next few days, my blood pressure has gone down now and my bloods were fine. My question is has anyone ever had pre eclampsia and when it first started how long did it take to get worse? Did the protein get higher quickly?

Thank you i am so worried at the moment and i know i need to relax xxx
Well, mine started about the same but my protein came and went my bp was constantly raised, it took bout 9 weeks for it to worsen and spent 5 days in hospital and now on medication which seems to be helping,  I has weekly blood tests and have to do 24 hour urine samples to keep track of exactly how much protein is in my urine and if it gets higher are inducing me that day,  but I have my induction set for Sunday anyway,

I wouldn't stress to much yet they had me seeing my midwife every 2 days and hospital every Friday so you should be looked after nicely so nothing does go wrong :)  but I would say if it goes get worse n they can't control it they will bring your baby early so I'd keep that in mind
Thank you so much for your message

Did you have the breathlessness and the palpatations?

Gemx
Bump
Sorry thought I'd replied back earlier, yeah just lately the shortness of breath is bad, can't walk about anywhere, within 5 minutes of walking even at a slow steady pace I need to stop think it's worse now I'm on medication

If you show any symptoms like the headaches , visual disturbance, nausea/ being sick , aversion of bright lights, and swelling n pain roughly below your right side of the ribs,  you won't have all of these at the same time or you may but it's important if you do that you call you midwife or doc because if it is left untreated it can develop to eclampsia which is extremely dangerous for you and the baby
The reason I asked was because when I saw the dr last night she said that the blood pressure could be caused by the palpitations (in my case just a fast heartrate) than the other way round and it is possible that it is not related to preeclampsia at all, my own gp an midwife Are ontop of it so they are keeping an eye on me, I also has glucose and ketones in my urine which they are looking at also, sorry just another quick question, the midwife said last night that even if u do have preelampsia your blood pressure can go up and down all the time, so u know this to be correct? Also was there any changes in your blood?
Thank u so much for your help it really puts my mind at rest getting all the info I can as I had no idea how it all works xx
It can continuously go up and down yeah, everyday activities will make your bp go up, the thing is when it doesn't settle back to normal mine was just getting higher in the 100's

Do they take your bp after you've been sat a while or when you get straight to you appointment??

The keytones and glucose could be related to a poor diet or gestational diabetes have you have a glucose test yet to see if you have it, I'd guess maybe you did my friend had them constantly in her urine while pregnant and she was diabetic, Either that or the only other reason I can think of is not eating enough of the right things or being dehydrated but I'm not sure on any other causes for em

About the blood to be honest I never asked for my last blood results I wad just happy to be told I was being induced
Thank u so much, my blood pressure at my booking was 110/60 then at 16 weeks it had gone up to 120/70 then at 26 it was 128/85 that's when they said they are going to keep an eye on me, I then went to the dr and it was 150/92 after sitting in the waiting room for 30 mins and he checked it again after about 10 mins and it was the same, when I got to the hospital it was 129/85 , but they said cause my blood was ok they would just keep an eye on me, thank u so much gemx
Sorry no u havnt had the glucose test yet, they are going to do this fri I think x
/ I havnt lol