Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Pregnancy after Partial Molar Pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Pregnancy after Partial Molar Pregnancy

I was diagnosed with partial molar pregnancy 5 months ago, and my HCG levels have been fine since my D & C, however this past month, I got my dates mixed up and had unprotected sex during my most fertile time. My period was a day late (my periods are like clockwork) and I have just done a home pregnancy test which came up positive. My doctor said that I should not fell pregnant for 6 months. Could you advise me as to what should happen now and I am a little worried.
things will be fine 5 months is not that far of 6 some do not tell you to wait that long good luck congrats
i just was diagnosed with a partial molar pregnancy in january after i had a missed abortion (no heartbeat) at 15 weeks.  My HcG levels just went down below five in March.  Well what i am getting at is that I skipped my period, which was also like clockwork...  and I took 3 home pregnancy tests at various times of the day on Satuday.  All 3 of them showed up positive within 15 seconds.  I took when in the beginning of March just to see what it would show up since my Hcg levels in my blood were still pretty high and they came back negative, so obviously I am probably pregnant as well.  My doctor said that if everything goes down accordingly and go back to zero then it is ok to get pregnant after about 3 to 4 months.  He didn't say that he advised it, but he said that the chance of me developing a tumor were very slim since it wasn't a complete mole...  You should be fine as well if you went down accordingly.  I would say to just make sure that 6 weeks from the date of conception, what you think it was, get a probe and check for a heartbeat and then keep monitoring it.  You want to make sure that you are far enough along to have a heartbeat, so that you don't have a D and C thinking your having a molar pregnancy.  Good luck!!