Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Pregnancy for Women 18-34

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Pregnancy for Women 18-34

I don't know why my other post wasn't posted.
Anyway I am knew to this forum.
I wanted to know if anyone knows which process is better for women with PCOS?

IVF with Clomid or Femiera
Or/ IUI
and transfering two eggs or three for a women almost 29ys old.
My husband and i don't want to start too late because we want 5kids and also my parents had children in their 40's and they said it's better to start ealier. We had a miscarriage. I am on Metformin and Progesstrone but will be switching soon to something else.  We haven't started or made decision yet wheither to do IVF or IUI.
I hope someone will be able to help me.
If you did IVF you wouldn't need Clomid. They'd stimulate your ovaries to produce large follicles (eggs). They'd then retrieve those eggs. They'd also collect your husband's sperm or donor sperm and fertilize the eggs in a petri dish. They'd then be transferred to your womb.

IUI is different than IVF. They have your husband give a sample of semen, or they could use donor sperm, and would inseminate you. I'm sure there is more to it that someone else could explain.

Clomid/Femara is something you should try first. It is the least invasive and less expensive method to start off with. I've tried Clomid and never gotten pregnant. My new doctor says he likes Femara better. You should never take Clomid for more than 6 consecutive months.

So try Clomid or Femara. If that doesn't work, take a month break and then move on to IUI. IVF should be the very last resort.

I have PCOS and I'm currently pregnant. So pregnancy IS possible for a woman with PCOS. I started exercising and eating better and lost weight before I got pregnant, along with taking Metformin. Much luck!
I'm new to this. I just wanna know certain things I should or shouldn't be doing