Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Pregnancy symptoms but no positive pregnancy test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

So I've been really worried lately because I've been having a lot of the signs of pregnancy, nausea, heightened sense of smell (which started recently and some smells make me more nauseous), breast tenderness, more frequent urination than usual for me, headaches, moodiness, and what feels like menstrual cramping but happens every day for the past 2 weeks. I've taken three pregnancy tests including one this morning and they've all come back negative. The main reason I'm so worried is because I haven't been consistent at all with taking my birth control. I don't remember if I missed any pills last month but I'm sure I did, and just this month I missed a day, took two the next day, then missed the day after that, and then took two the next day. And even if I remember to take them, it's never at the same time. I also took Plan B the night that I took the last set of two pills after missing them. I was thinking the side effects could be from the Plan B, but the cramps started before I took it, and I called my Gyno and talked to one of the nurses and she said that since it's been a week since I took it, I shouldn't still be experiencing symptoms from it. She also said missing that many pills can cause ovulation... so I'm kind of freaking out. My period is due in a week, but last month I didn't get anything till the last day and it was only spotting. I just don't know why I'm feeling this way if I'm not pregnant. Any advice?
If you haven't missed your period yet, I don't see how the doctor can determine that you are not pregnant without a blood test.  I wouldn't rule out being pregnant just yet....If you don't start in a week, I would take a test first thing in the morning.  I would test again a few days after that.  If still negative and still no period, I would have your doctor do a blood test.
What should I do about my birth control? Should I keep taking it?  How can that effect a pregnancy in a bad way?
I wouldn't because the pill can hurt an unborn child.  I would use a condom until I knew for sure.