Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Pregnant? Or am I just imagining it?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Pregnant? Or am I just imagining it?

So..I had AF from Dec 4-11 08...and me and my boyfriend were pretty much having BMS all throughout the month of December...from about the 15th till the end of December I started getting extreme nausea...really bad headaches, moody like no other...get really emotional and cry a lot over the littlest things...things that usually have no affect on me...having to pee a lot, extreme fatigue, and i didn't have much of an appetite...but my boyfriend sure did...he was having all sorts of cravings, for pickles, candy, beef jerky...and everything he would eat, just the smell of it would make my stomach turn...not to mention i had been having a lot of trouble sleeping at night and would have sore breasts and massive bloating and just this overall weird feeling in my abdominal area...it felt like something was moving like butterflies...usually my period is normal and i was expecting to get it again on Jan 4, 2009...

but what i thought was AF ended up coming around Dec 31, 2008 instead...the only weird thing about it was that it wasn't like my normal periods and every single time i'd go to change out my tampon or pad there wasn't a lot of bleeding and it was either very light or non-existent and would be on and off for like 4 days and my period is usually 7 days long...i took 2 PT but both came out negative...

me and my boyfriend figured i just had my period early and so we started TTC again after i was done with "AF"...we had BMS all the way up till he deployed on the 9th of Jan...and every since he's been gone...ive had sore breasts, fatigue, having to pee alot, nausea, difficulty sleeping, lower back pain, headaches, breaking out all over my face, aversions to food and certain smells, cramps, and really dry skin and i never have dry skin ever...or never need to use lotion...

so basically what i'm trying to say is that i'm thinking of taking another HPT but am wondering if i should just go in and get a blood test...i want to take another PT but am scared i'm going to get my hopes up and itll come out negative again...im thinking of just waiting to see if i get my period on the 31 of Jan but i don't know if i can wait that long...and my body is driving me crazy cause i dont know whether i'm really pregnant this time or if i'm just imagining it...and if i am pregnant i dont know if im 7 weeks along or 3 weeks...anyone have any advice on what I should do?
Wait until you miss your period again to test; that way you don't torture yourself with doubts. If it comes out negative, then go in for blood tests if you still have those symptoms. There are many things that can affect our hormones and cause similar symptoms, but let's hope this month is your month :) Good luck!