Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Pregnant with Creamy White CM

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Pregnant with Creamy White CM

For those who have been pregnant or not... Have any of you noticed lotion-like CM a few days past ovulation? If so, did this end up being a predictor for your pregnancy? I never get the lotion-like CM and have it so I'm wondering...what gives?
I don't know if it is a predictor but i know that i had a lot more creamy cm this cycle....and I got a bfp....good luck
Congratulations!!! So how far along are you?
Did you have the creamy cm in your other cycles?
I don't know what to think b/c i  never have creamy cm but i've also been dealing with hormonal issues so I guess maybe it's possible that this month my progesterone levels are normal, causing this creamy cm.
I had the same thing happen.  More CM after ovulation and I'm pregnant.
I am very early into my pregnancy...i am 4 1/7 weeks today =)  I wish you the best of luck ttc.  I know how frustrating it is waiting.
yes i noticed this as one of the main indicators for me.
fingers crossed 4u!
Well, I intially thought maybe this was a sign (the CM) but now the CM has dwindled down so I'm thinking maybe not. ;(
For you ladies who noticed this lotiony-cm, was it constant from the time it started, did it stop and then start again or was it just a couple day thing?
I'm curious if I should expect the white cm to come back? If I do a digital inspection I can still see some of the white creamy stuff but only  if I insert my fingers. I want the amount to increase!!!  What do ya'll think?
Yea, I had that CM too, and one or two days it was VERY nonexistant, but came right back and lasted. then the about 4-6w into my pregnancy, it dissapeared.. and it came back again a month or two later.

Gosh, i'm almost 4 1/2mo along and am starting to feel like an experienced person already.
Well, you ARE experienced b/c you're preggo and have this type of info!! I'm happy for you that you're pregnancy is going well. I don't always respond to the messages unless I have something valuable to say. But, I keep up with ppl and am glad you're past the 12 week zone!!
I don't really have a lot of the creamy cm, and I think maybe I should if I'm actually preggo and 5 dpo. Right? I know every one is different but when I had a chemical pregnancy I remember being "wet" all the time and this time I'm not. Just the white stuff. When should symptoms begin to kick in if I DID conceive?
This is a paragraph from the 5th adition of Your Pregnancy Week by Week

`````increased vaginal discharge
During pregnancy, it is normal to have increase in vaginal discharge or vaginal secretions, called LEUKORRHEA. This discharge is usually white or yellow and fairly thick. It is not an infection. We beleive it is caused by the increased blood flow to the skin and muscles around the vagina. This apperanace, visible to your doctor early in pregnancy, is called Chadwicks sign.

I had this with in a week of finding out I was pregnant and it has resently tappered off (thank God) It was very heavy! More so than the CM you get around ovulation:) I hope this helps and good luck!
Thanks! I've been googling this stuff like crazy and after reading it all I get somewhat hopeful. I just read on a website that progesterone produces this creamy cm and that if pregnancy has not occurred than most women go back to a dry stage as they were prior to ovulation. I've just recently started documenting all signs and symptoms so maybe this has been there all along and I just didnt notice it. I do know i've had small amts before but this time there seems to be a lot more. I still have to do a digital inspection to see it (except for 3 days ago) but It IS THERE!!!
did you notice it by checking yourself or was it just coming out?? (sorry-don't know how else to phrase that! LOL!!)
it was just all over, ewwww !!!
Well, you could still be preggo. I didn't notice the creamy cm until about 8 DPO or so. But It was there, normally if AF is coming soon and your not pregnant, the CM will dry up almost completely. Try to check your cervix. mine was soft when I checked around Probably about 17dpo or so. I got my BFP at about 16dpo, so about 2d after missed af.
I checked it a few hours ago and could barely reach it and it felt soft. Now I can't find it!!! If I'm 5 or 6 dpo what would this indicate?
Oh yeah, and I lied when I said I don't have any other signs. I normally break out a little bit but four days ago I broke out like a teenager! Cystic and regular pimples!! I had to use my dermatology cream to make it all go away! Strangely though, 4 days ago was near ovulation so I don't know why that would cause me to break out.
I started cramping lightly two days ago and today it's increased and more consistent (as in it comes and goes more often). THese coudl be signs of implantation I"M HOPING!!!
When does implantation usually occur after O?
ewww and I'm sorry about the pimples. It doesn't mean much if your cervix is high as far as I know. half the time mine is high but a few times it's been low too. this is all since I got BFP.

And I cramped when I O'd and for a few days afterward too on my last af. GOOD LUCK and start temping.

Take your temp first thing in the morning. (it's better if you know what your normal temp is.) start tomorrow morning, either before you get out of bed or when you just get up before too much walking around. then keep track of it every day, just note if it goes up or down. It should be up right now. Keep an eye on it. If it drops a couple parts of a degree it means your not pg. usually.  BTW Use a Basal Body thermometer. it's just a digital thermometer basically.
well, I've been taking my BBT with a basal body thermo and for the last four days it's slowly dropped so i guess I'm not preggo. This morning it was 97.3 :( I'm so angry!!!!!!!!!
I had a dream that I would be preggo by July so if I only have to wait that long I guess I can!!
thanks for your help. :)
can I be pregnant if you had sex on day 7 of your cycle but used withdrawl (withdrawal) method, but went to gyno on day 11 and he said I was O or about to? It is now day 19 of my cycle and I have white creamy mucous.
Yeah, some reports say sperm can live up to 7 days in the body...most reports say at least 5 days....so yeah, it's possible...
OMG, i have the same kind of cm. af is due 4/26 so we'll see! I hope you get your bfp!
Thanks for the response, I hope so.
By the way I have gotten the white creamy cm without being pregnant. I know that is not what you want to hear but do not give up.
Well, you're right, even if it's not what I want to hear. One time I had a TON of it and I think I had conceived and it ended b/c of chemical pregnancy. Otherwise...i'm figuring out that a little bit is normal. I've started keeping track of my cycles and it helps b/c every month I find something "new" and now I realize it's not really new...
I've decided to start using condoms until we're ready for a baby. I told DH that the whole "what if" game is driving me crazy so until we're ready I dont' want to torture myself anymore from month to month! So far...it's helping b/c if I think i have a symptom I remind myself 'hey...you know you're not preggo from last month and there's now way you are from this month!"

It works for me until that day comes that we're ready!
For the last two cycles I have had this rich creamy white CM.  At first I thought it was some kind of infection...but the doc told me it was just CM.  Needless to say though...I'm not preggers.  I may be now and just not know.  The CM was really creamy and kinda pasty like.....I don't know...Good Luck.
I need basic advice on relationships. My boyfriend basically told me he thought I became too sentimental after sex and later he told me he was tired of the booty call, this was right after having sex, my idea, this time. what does this mean. He is still asking me out and makes future plans, dates, with me. He was the real sexual one, not me. "Booty call" is or was a joke between us because I told him I would never be anyones booty call. Last time I made the mistake & told him how much I loved him. He freaked, got scared. His actions are not matching his words.

What do you all think?
I am on cycle day 26. I have had pasty/crusty CM in my underwear last 2 days, and before that some creamy CM. I have been testing for prenancy and all have came back NEGATIVE. The 5 days sooner tests. So, is it normal to have pasty/crusty CM in underwear still on day 26 ?