Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Prego or Post Mirena symptom? Need help on this one!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Okay, so 7 months ago I had my Mirena birthcontrol removed after 4 years of use. I had the mirena inserted after the birth of my only child. I have noticed a lot of changes during the use of it and also since its removal; hair loss, eyesight problems, weight loss, mood swings, etc. But there are two that are pretty new, as of the last month. 2 weeks ago I started noticing rapid heartbeats and hot flashes. I am 28 years old, I have no reason to be menopausal, therefor the hot flashes or heightened body temperatures that take over my body are extremely odd. But concern came tonight as I noticed something wet inside my braless shirt. I examined the situation and was SHOCKED when I noticed my right breast was lighly lactating. What!? Is this seriously another side affect from being without those dreadful hormones that the mirena emits into my body?

Is there anyone out there that's experienced this or similar? Are there known side effects that I have yet to experience? I'm tired of being shocked by something new, as if the mood swings aren't enough! And what's up with the hot flashes and rapid heartbeats? Ahhhhhhhhh fml I'm sooooo confused and ready to be back to normal, if I can even remember what normal is anymore. I thought at first I could be pregnant, but all the home tests came back neg. Sure that they were wrong I was going to wait a little bit longer to take another one, and then yesterday my period came a day early in my 32day cycle. Granted it's lighter than normal, it's there.

I did research and read that it could be implantation bleeding, but it's red and not that brownish color it was described as in what I read nor is it simply "spotting". I generally bleed really heavy during my time, requiring a super plus tampons, or over night pads even during the day. And it lasts for 4-6 days. Not this time, i started yesterday when I woke up and feel as though it might be done by tomorrow when I wake up. And have needed nothing more than panty liners and regular flow tampons.  

Another weird thing is my boobs are ALWAYS sore for the week or so leading to my period, and that always stops either the day before or the day of the arrival of my time. Not this time, Im in day two and it's not stopped.

I just wonder if maybe my hormones are so imbalanced still an going back to normal so it's kind of just sending everything outta whack? I have done my research on the Mirena and found alot of ppl have a bunch of different problems during and post mirena use.... am I one of them? Im so confused.