Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Preparing for a D&C

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Preparing for a D&C

This isnt a question but more of an update. Some of you may have seen my posts over the last couple of weeks as I have been trying to figure out what was going on with my pregnancy. I went and saw my Dr. yesterday and had an U/S and it is bascilly confirmed that I am growing a sac but no baby is present. It really ***** and obviously that is not what I was hoping for, but at the same time at least I know now and I can stop the waiting game. It would be nice if I M/C naturally but it just isnt looking that way so I scheduled to get a D&C next friday, that still gives my body another week to either MC on its own and one more chance to do another U/S just in case (but VERY unlikely, too far along, but just in case for peace of mind). I know you can wait even longer to MC on its own but I dont think I can wait for forever and because I show so early in pregnancy I dont want family to start realizing what is going on. Anyway, Dr. says I only need to wait one cycle and then I can get back to work and try again! Good thing about D&C is he can check the tissue and see if it was chromosomal or see if he should do some testing on me.  Thanks for all your support that last couple of weeks, it has really helped me to put my energy into something like this forum!!
Tags: D&C, preparing
Im so sorry you are going through this. I know how you feel and my df and i went through the same thing last august. My doctor called it a blighted ovum, is that what your doctor said you have? Im glad you have some closure and know what is going on now. If you need anything we are here for you.