Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Question about bleeding while on progesterone supplements

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Hi All,

We've experienced three miscarriages in the last year and I recently underwent a surgery on my uterus to correct the suspected problem. My doctor prescribed me 30 days of estrogen and 10 days of progesterone to be taken on the last 10 days of the estrogen, in order to rebuild my uterine lining.  My question is is it normal to start bleeding before stopping the progesterone.  I have been reading that the progesterone is supposed to restart your cycle and that you should start bleeing a few days after you stop the supplements.  I started bleeding on the 8th day of taking the supplements and bled for six days.  The period was light, but I had just had my normal flow two weeks prior while just taking the estrogen.  Also, after bleeding from progesterone withdrawal, will I ovulate normally as if I had just had a regular period.  I appreciate any answers anyone can provide.  Thanks!