Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Question about measuring small for 24 weeks....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I went to my monthly check up yesterday and based on my last 2 ultrasounds im around 24 weeks and 4 days. Well the fundal height said i was only measuring 21 weeks. 3 1/2 weeks difference. She said it could be that the baby is laying sideways. Would that make that much of a difference? She was really rude to me and didnt give me much info, she pretty much just left, didnt even tell me if i could go home. So i asked someone eles if im suppose to leave. I hate those clinics. They wont let me see ym real doctor until im 30 weeks, and no ultrasound for me. I am high risk! My baby wont be able to grow to the due date because of the lack of room. Theres a chance he could get injured or have complications . Im not getting treated like one at all! She didnt even examine me when i had a gush of water like fluid come out a week ago and ever since its been watery. Isnt that a cause for concern?? She said oh your probably fine, well thats not enough for me. So i guess i have to go to the ER and pay  **** loads of more money to get an ultrasound done. Grrrr...ok im done venting lol anywho, does the findal height seem a concern if he is sideways? I know hes kicked in the same spot since i could feel him/her a month ago.  Very low...
Oh hun.... Im sorry! Your dr office sounds HORRIBLE!  Im sorry I dont have much info for you on measuring behind BUT i would definitely start looking for another Dr's office.... one who takes your concerns seriously! If you cant get in somewhere else asap, i would def make a stop to the ER and tell them your leaking fluid.... they will do a swab test... better to be safe than sorry. Its most likely nothing but hey ya never know.... They will most likely do an ultrasound on you there too.... that way you can really see where the baby is lying and WHY the baby is measuring 3 1/2 weeks behind.... to me it would seem like your dr office should be a little more concerned especially since the last two appts you have measured behind! Good Luck!!!
yeah they suck... its a community health clinic. I get to finally see a real doctor when im 30 weeks. Which is still 5 or 6 weeks away. Im going to the ER monday. I really hope they give me an ultrasound. I would like to make sure everything is ok. Thanks for the support. I think hes fine, cause im def growing im bigger and bigger every week. And i know the fundal height (outside) isnt always accurate. Especially when it only measure up and down. I really hope i didnt lose the amniotic fluid already. I was told it was probably nothing, but no way of knowing until i go get it checked by people who know what the hell they are doing. :)
i'd get a new doctor
That clinic sounds horrible!  Good luck at the ER...I am measuring a little over a week behind and I asked my doctor if that was something I should be concerned about and he said no.  I hope you get an ultrasound...I just had my last one at 23w and no more...I am sad!  He said that since everything looked good and was fine, we wouldn't be doing any more.  Hopefully you'll get an ultrasound that shows all is well!