Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Reasons behind a second ultrasound? And an update!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Well, I went to my OB appointment Yesterday. I'm measuring right on target, gained another 2 pounds within the month, but the doctor isn't concerned about my weight. Heard Kora's heart beat which was nice and strong. Now I was wondering why would they want a second ultrasound? I am scheduled to have another one done Sept 6th. My doctor said, the tech couldn't get a good look at the baby's nose, mouth ect...what could they be looking for? I of course will have the tech double check that Kora still has her hotdog buns and no hotdog ;) lol. I'm just worried that something may be wrong with her?

I am 22 weeks and 1 day WOOT!!! Kora moves all the time, and even kicks daddy in his back, which daddy adores lol. I have been on the go so much these past few days. DF's new job, Boys starting school, and court this week for my divorce, and I am exhausted!!!! I did lose internet, but thankfully my cell phone and computer have bluetooth, so I can connect to the internet via cell phone. It's a slow pain in the neck, but hey it's internet, and it gives me something to do since DF works 5pm to 5am...so by the time the kiddo's are in bed at 8pm...I get bored. We have been busy trying to get caught up with everything, that we just put the internet and cable on a back burner for now. We have other important things to take care of first. Court is Tuesday and Wednesday. Met with the attorney Friday, and all seems to be good. I can't give off to much info on that, because my ex husband stalks every internet forum/site I am registered on.

So, enough about my update. Do we have any new updates/news from anyone else while I was gone? Uhg...and I can't seem to get the reason behind my second ultrasound out of my head. I'm just worried sick.
If they didn't get a good picture of the babies face then its not uncommon for them to have you come back and get one. Some of the measurements they have to have involve the nasal cavity and things like that.
Thank you! That does make me feel a lot more at ease, knowing it could be just for measurements. I know the tech had a hard time getting a good profile shot. Kora was laying with her face into my back, and her back towards my tummy. I hope Kora is still a little girl. I keep having dreams that I go into labor and deliver a boy lol.
They did the same thing to me because Navy wouldnt turn around from my spine but they needed the measurement so they made me turn every which way and finally get up and walk. I kept worrying shed end up a boy too but now it seems pretty certain she's a girl. Ultrasounds are so good these days I wouldnt worry! You'll be getting your precious princess soon! :)