Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Restless Leg Syndrome While Preggers??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Restless Leg Syndrome While Preggers??

Im going to be 37 weeks on Tuesday. And I noticed here lately that my legs always get itchy, and tingly at night. I can sleep on my couch for a nap during the day, and im fine. But when bedtime comes it drives me crazy. If they don't itch or feel tingly I get this weird sensation making me constantly move my legs. I tried putting a pillow between my legs, but it makes it worse.

Is anyone else going through this? If so what do you do for relief? My doc won't give me meds for it, because they aren't safe during pregnancy.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
bump....
Blank
Im getting it too but I dont have a useful solution for you. I usually have to take a bath, but not too hot to help calm the muscles and soothe the skin. It doesnt completly get rid of it but i can usually fall asleep after that
Blank
I try a bath, but for some reason my bath makes me really itchy as soon as the water touches me. The shower doesn't do it, but im a bit big to fit in it now lol. I use lotion everyday everytime I get out of the bath or shower, so I know my skin isn't dry.

I have tried having hubby massage my legs until I fall asleep, but is hands wimp out to soon lol. I guess im just going to have to deal with it for a few more weeks. It's not to bad though, atleast it is something I have gotten with late pregnancy and not early pregnancy, because 9 months of this would drive me nuts lol.
Blank
408496_tn?1269606950
Mine ache at night sometimes.  I have drank more water in the evening and tried the hot bath too, I also have used a heating pad on my legs only.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy 18-24 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...