Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Right sided pain 19 weeks pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Right sided pain 19 weeks pregnant

I am 19 weeks pregnant.  I know that if I get up too fast or change positions too fast I pull my round ligaments.  Well this am I woke up and just had this horrible pain from my right groin up my side.  It felt as if somebody was stabbing me.  I thought maybe I had to pee and it was just my bladder.  But it didn't go away and I had to get up because it hurt so bad.  It is starting to feel better now.  Since then I also went #2 (I know way too much info) and they pain has basically gone away.  My question is could it have been just gas pain or maybe I did something in my sleep to stretch my ligament?  I got up earlier in the night to pee and everything was ok.  Has this ever happened to anybody before?
I felt the same way when I woke up this morning, and I'm 15w1d. If it went away I'm sure it was probably just gas/stretching. I don't think you need to worry unless you have bleeding and cramping. I've forgotten all the pains that come along with pregnancy, but I'm starting to remember Those round ligament pains are horrible! It feels like someone all of a sudden stabs me on the left or right when I get up too fast or I move too fast. I've started rolling to one side and using my arms to push myself up more. OH! And I assume you've got a little bump already, try putting a pillow under your tummy when you're sleeping, I've been using one and laying more on my side than my tummy but with the pillow under my tummy and hip it makes it more comfortable, I wasn't sleeping with it the last hour or two this morning, and I think that may have been why I was in pain.
I am 33 weeks pregnant and have had pain in the right side of my back that wraps around to the front.  I went to the Drs. yesterday and they are pretty sure it's a Kidney infection.  I'm waiting for the lab results.  If you are having more frequent urination than you may want to see your Dr.  Most likely it's just stretching pains.
It was most likely just another ligament pain.  

I have been preg so many times that I can pull a ligament just from coughing and it hurts to bad I wanna cry sometimes.  I have found that most times when I get a really bad one if I get up and slowly move around some it will go away.  
It could just be because you needed to have a BM. I have had the same feeling many times due to that. because your insides are now being pushed in every direction that you can think of including your sides it puts a lot of preasure on things (especially if your BM's are firm and not very regualer) I've noticed that if you drink LOTS of fluids and add more fiber to your diet you wont suffer as often from these horrible pains as often. My Dr. also suggested a stool softener. We are on baby #4 now and this is the one thing I get to suffer from every time. I guess it beats getting morning sickness. good luck
Thanks everybody for your comments.  I ended up calling my OB just to give myself peace of mind right after I posted this because it was still sore.  She basically told me it could have either been a gas bubble but more likely I strained my round ligament.  She told me to lay on the opposite side and bend my right leg up with a pillow in between for at least 30 min to help relieve the pain.  Needless to say I could not do that because I had an appointment somewhere else and had to leave right after talking with her.  It's still a little sore but I am going to lay down now and take it easy the rest of the day.  I must have been a  wild sleeper last night.

smj - I actually did start sleeping with a pillow between my knees, under my belly and behind my back but when I woke up some were on the floor and my husband had one (I have no clue how that one happened) so I am assuming I just did not sleep very sound last night.  I turn frequently at night because I have so much pain in my hips that I have to alternate.  We got a memory foam mattress topper for our bed which helps a lot but some nights I still have the discomfort.  Yeah well.  It's all worth it.

supergirley - I kinda thought the same thing.  I am wondering if maybe it was a combination.  The extra gas in there was irritating the strained ligament.  Oh who knows I just know it hurt really bad.

Thanks again ladies for all the comments.  
Im a 21 year old guy , even i had a similar pain last night , in middle of sleep i started having this bad pain in my right groin area . I could not even get up frm bed without my friends help , had a stabbing pain similar to the type u had . this post was helpful , i have yet to meet a doctor !