Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Scary!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Scary!

As some of the older members might remember, my hubby has been recently diagnosed with epilepsy and so he cant drive until hes seizure free for 6m. Thankfully it seems as though his latest trial meds have been working great for him. Anyway, I was driving us home on the interstate after picking him up from work when out of nowhere I had a contraction. I could barely breathe through it let alone talk my hubby had to lean over to take the wheel and we managed to stop in the shoulder. All this in 2 mins time... which was how long the contraction was. I was scared half to death and my poor hubby could only give me a hug to try calming me down while we waited to see if I would have another or not. He felt so bad but he cant drive til given the ok from his Dr and it would be a lot worse if he had a seizure while driving.

Im still experiencing "contracting" pains but these feel more like the normal braxton hicks than actual contractions.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1374102_tn?1363013079
Oh no that is totally scary! I hope this doesn't happen again? Do y'all have a birth plan on how to get to
The hospital and what not once you go into labor?
Blank
The hospital is less than five mins away. During christmas you can literally see the tree the put on the roof from my house. We live with my parents so my mom is always around but in the even that shes not, weve all decided to either ask a neighbor to take me to the hospital or call an ambulance if I go into labor and no ones home to take me.
Blank
Aw hun :( i just had a real contraction too as i was walking to the car to take my nephew home and now I'm having the bh pains too...i could only imagine going through that while driving! Ahhh! I was so worried id have another lol. And your poor hubby :/ I'm sure he feels awful that he can't help
Blank
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy 18-24 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979