Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Second Trimester, Vasectomy 10yrs ago and a zero

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I am 13 weeks pregnant. I am not on the pill and he had a Vasectomy aproximately 10 years ago. I did not realize I had missed my period. When I realized I was already 7 weeks late. I got a  Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test with Conception Indicator. My result was Pregnant and the Conception Indicator detected I conceived more than 3 weeks ago which would date my pregnancy at 5+ weeks. I seen my doctor a week later and she dated my pregnancy at 8 weeks at that time. I am pro-life so I am keeping the child. He wants nothing to to with this; does not think he is the father, doesnt think its possible. He has has been in for a semen analysis for a sperm cell count, it was returned with fewer than 20 million sperm/mL of semen which is usually sterile. We need a paternity test and quick. I want him to know it is his. I do not like the idea of an amniocentisis or CVS. I have read alot about blood test from mother and father to determine paternity test results. Can you help us get a Paternity Test?
I didn't think u could get one til the baby was born....good luck
Yeah.  You'd have to wait until the little one got here.
I agree, if you don't want an amnio or cvs, after the baby is born is the only way. Good luck hun, it definitely CAN happen, even if it's a lower sperm count after. Things happen!
It happened to me and my boyfriend. He had the same thing done and never thought about having kids and well to our surprise i got pregnant. Im now 9 weeks. He didnt believe me at first even after the 5 test at home but once he got to see the u/s he came around. Good luck. Some guys just need more time to realize it.
I had a friend of mine go through  the same thing and she didnt want an amnio or cvs so they waited till the baby was born and low & behold it was his son. The chances are slim but it is possible but without the amnio or cvs you'll have to wait till the little one is here