Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Shortened Cervix

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Shortened Cervix

I am 26 weeks 5 days pregnant with a little girl. She is my first. When I was 24 weeks I was sent to Labor and Delivery because my cervix was short and I was dilated 1 cm......to this day im still dilated but there havnt been any changes (thank God). My doctor has put me on bedrest (which ***** because im in college and its summertime) and she also had me go to the hospital to get the steroid shots to start the pregression of my babys lungs. Has anyone else been through this? If so, did you go full term? I am so scared that she's going to come early and as anxious as I am to meet my little angel, I want her to be healthy.
I have a friend who had this happen to her. She was taken of bed rest at 35 weeks and was sure she'd go into labor soon after. She ended up going a week overdue and almost ended up getting induced. So its very possible you will go to full term. Just follow all your doctors instructions. Good luck.
I was put on bedrest at 21 weeks for having a shortened cervix, dilated 1/2 and effaced 50%. I am now 39 weeks with 5 days til my due date:) i was also on bedrest for four months, finally was allowed off at 37 weeks.
I went into preterm labor at 24 weeks with my daughter. I was 2cm dialated with buldging membranes. I was in the hospital for 4 weeks and had my daughter at 28 weeks. She will be 3 in August and is perfectly healthy. I'm now 33 weeks pregnant with my son. I went into preteen labor at 28 weeks and have been on bedrest since. I'm 1cm dialated and 80% thinned out and have been for about 2 to 3 weeks. I have a great Dr who reassures me that we are gonna get to 37 weeks. I've had the steroid shots for his lungs and the magnesium for his brain and neurological system. I'm also on nifedipine as needed for contractions. Just know there are still things that can be done to help you get further. I know its scary and frustrating but you can do it. Rest and stay off your feet as much as possible and drink lots of water to keep hydrated. Good Luck and keep us posted. I will pray for you and your baby girl. God Bless.