Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Showing at 6 weeks??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Showing at 6 weeks??

All right, I know it has to be bloating so early, but this is ridiculous. It's like all the fat on my body suddenly decided to migrate to the front at once. The girls are clearly growing, but already I can barely button my pants. (And spending some time with them NOT buttoned as the occasion permits.)
I'm a low-salt cook; I'm drinking lots of fluids, and thanks to lost appetite and the onset of morning sickness, if anything, I should have actually lost weight overall. I've also had a lot of round ligament pain this time around. It's not my first pregnancy, but it would be my first baby. Is it normal to feel this fat this quickly?
I wondered the same thing. I'm 13 weeks with my second pregnancy, first one I lost, but my belly come and goes. One day it looks like I'm preggo then the next my belly is completely flat....what's up with that LoL?
Yea, its normal but its just bloating. Normally you show faster with any baby after the first but 6 weeks is still early. I say once you get in the double digits. I gained zero weight with my second in the first trimester due to morning sickness.
I hate that fat stage of pregnancy where you don't look pregnant just look like you have a flabby tummy.
LOL yeah I'm just praying there's no correlation between feeling this huge right out of the gate and blowing up to such an unrecognizable proportion down the road that people think you must have multiples!
I'm six weeks too, and while I lost a couple pounds due to nausea, I also feel my pants getting tight in my waist. Looks like I'll be making a switch to my maternity clothes much sooner this time. With my dd 5 years ago I barely showed at 6 months! Also, my friend is 16 weeks and she was definitely showing at 6 weeks, tooo, and she is very fit and muscular, so I know it's not fat.
Enjoy getting fat, I know I will!